Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Compatible Space Saver Wheel Size?

syswiz

Hi, 

This is such a basic question but I wanted to be 100% sure I'm making the right purchase and hoping somebody could help. I have a ford fiesta zetec - 2016 model. I want a space saver wheel to put in the boot, but not sure which one I need exactly. How do I know if my wheel is 14,15,16"?

My current tyre size is: 195/55 R15 H

Will this wheel work for me in an emergency? Wheel Shop

Super thanks

If you look in your handbook it will tell you the space saver size , prob a 14 inch 

In the manual it says: "Temporary spare wheel when it differs from the other fitted wheels - 17565 R14-T". This is extremely confusing. So the 15" spare wheel could damage my vehicle?

My understanding is all Fiestas (except ST) come with a 14 inch wheel with 175/65 14 tyre fitted. The ST has large front brake discs and come with 15 inch wheel and a skinny tyre (can't remember size).

The one in that advert looks like wheel only as there's also no mention of a tyre. There is no mention of width, but if it's ST spare (likely it is) then will be too narrow for your standard tyre to be fitted.

thanks, my car was purchased with 195/55 R15 H tires and this is all I've ever been using. The manual is confusing as it lists many different sizes and variants. But I'm confident that I'm using the correct size and it does list R15 in the manual for up to 100mph - "All engines except 1.25L Duratec-16V, 1.4L Duratec-16V and 1.6L ecoboost".

I only need this for emergencies incase I get a puncture. My intention is to fit it, then buy a new tire and get it fitted professionally if I ever get a flat. I thought this would be straight forward, but now I'm confused as ever. 

My car did ot come with a spare, only goo and a compressor. I have acquired a spare wheel from my Brothers 06 Fiesta, I'm glad I did as goo will not fix, blow outs, large cut's/punctures, rim and/or sidewall leaks/damage etc, it only fixes simple small punctures.

My mk8 has 205/4517 tyres and spare is 175/65 14 which would be correct if specified when new. There is a difference in outside diameter between them both (spare is smaller), so there is a speed restriction of 50 mph (80kph) max when fitted. This the same with all spare tyres.

I am also of the opinion that 175/65/14 is the correct spare. As mentioned above, the link above was for the st model where, as mentioned, I think it is bigger to clear the brakes. Up to about 2008 a 175/65/14 spare came with fiestas as standard (not extra cost) and there are usually plenty of those on eBay often with unused tyres on although many will be quite a few years old by now. All tyres have manufacture date on one side wall. 4 digits , week number and year eg. 2409 is week 24 in 2009 which would be in June 2009

Thanks all, didn't realise this would be such a confusing topic. I agree, I think 14 is the "correct" size after performing a lot of research. I have also contacted Ford directly to see what they come back with. I will post an update here once they respond, in case any one else is in this dilemma. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club