Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stage one re-map Focus Ecoboost 1.5L

Stafford Mike

I've got a 2017 Focus ST-Line and although I'm really happy with it, I could do with a little more oomph at times (and I can't afford an ST!)

So I've found a Quantum tuning dealer who can do an engine re-map, cost £349. I'm considering going for it.

Has anyone had theirs done? What's been your experience since you had it done, has it made a noticable difference? Interested to hear your views, experiences and advice!

If it's diesel go for it as works wonders and transforms the car . Not just saying that because I can remap them . I have one myself and is great . 

• Like 1

Quantam always gets good reviews on Trustpilot, a good safe bet.  The problem you may find is car insurance, I tried years ago to get a remap and could in the end. My car insurance is direct line and will not allow any mods at all period.  There are backdoor insurance companies or brokers that may get you covered, at silly money. Would you trust a middleman? I dont, so never went ahead. Wish you good luck, let us know how it goes and who insured you 😉👍

• Like 1

Hi.

If you do have any issues with insurance for a re-map then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies all. Well, I got the Quantum re-map done by Re-Map Kings andd have since driven it lots, including 1000 miles to Scotland and back. I have noticed a marked improvement in not only power, which was great for overtaking with confidence on the motorways, but also fuel-efficiency.

The insurance wasn't a problem, I just phoned my insurer, Esure, and told them of the stage 1 upgrade. Their computer systems seemed to be set up to quote for these types of mods because when I spoke to the girl on the phone she chose my upgrade from a drop-down menu on her computer. It wasn't a huge amount extra either.

The only slight downside to my upgrade is that since the Quantum re-map my engine stop/start no longer works. But as I said, I've already noticed an improvement in fuel efficiency so am not too bothered, although I would like to get the stop/start working again and going to call them out to have a look at it this week. Other than that, I'm really hapy with it.

Regards,
Mike

Hi.

Glad you had no issues with the insurance in the end.

Regards,

Dan.

Thanks Dan. When my insurance is up for renewal in January I might give you a shout to see if it's cheaper with Adrian Flux 👍

Regards Mike 

• 5 weeks later...

Just an update. I've had to take the re-map off. It has been brilliant with the extra power and fuel efficiency and everything was fine until my MOT. It failed on the emmissions. The Ford dealership suspected it was the re-map (Quantum) so I called Re-Map Kings and they were excellent - they arranged for a technician to drive to the Ford dealership the next morning. He came from the other side of the country as the guy who covers the south-west was on holiday. The technician took the re-map off, it was re-tested and sailed through the MOT.

I got a full re-fund for the re-map and was re-imbursed for the amount the Ford dealership charged me for diagnosing the issue. Although I was gutted that the re-map caused the MOT failure I can't rate Re-Map Kings highly enough with how they dealt with it and rectified the problem. They have done thousands of re-maps and mine was only the 5th to fail an emmissions test following the re-map being done. Just unlucky I guess. So now I'm back to the standard config, have lost a bit of power. But at least I have a car that is back to how the Ford dealer sold it to me and is okay with emissions.

I phoned E-sure insurance to tell them I've had the mod removed and they were also very good. My insurance has come down to it's original price again (it hadn't gone up by that much anyway to be fair) but they waived the £26 admin fee for ameding the policy, due to the circumstances of why I had to take the mod off.

Oh well, I'll just wait until one day when I can maybe get an ST. And if I do, I'll get the Mountune upgrade on it which is approved by the Ford dealership!

Seems a bit drastic to remove it permanently...they could've just altered it slightly.  Presumably they've given feedback to Quantum so that they can tweak it before flashing to any other cars?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Seems a bit drastic to remove it permanently...they could've just altered it slightly.  Presumably they've given feedback to Quantum so that they can tweak it before flashing to any other cars?

Yes, they have pulled that particular file and are looking at what other cars it's been installed on. I didn't ask them to tweak it and put it back on. I didn't want any future hassle so just asked them to remove it completely.

• Like 1

Start stop only works in eco mode.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club