Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mirror Indicator Unit

Trent Edge

Does anybody know of any aftermarket mirror indicator units. Either just LED bulb or dynamic ones?

I would swap the bulb for an LED one but its a whole unit.

I believe the part number for the standard indicator assembly is EM2B 13B383 AA.

The 13B383 part seems to just bring up Ford indicator assemblies from different models.

Thanks.

IMG_0294.JPG

They are actually just amber 501 bulbs fitted in there.  The holder is all part of a sealed assy though so don`t know how you`d get it in ? Dont know if that helps or not. 

20200914_113149.jpg

20200914_113203.jpg

Yeh took the mirror apart to have a look and seen it was all sealed apart from where the cables plug in. Don't think I'd wana try and take the block off of the back to replace the bulb. Would prob end up breaking it, would be the easy option if did come apart.

So, what happens when the orange coating flakes off the bulb and fails an MOT because the indicator repeater is showing white?!!

The service manual says you have to remove the mirror glass and top mirror cover to get to the indicator assembly (sealed???) ... see attached.

@eddiek, can you post a closeup pic of the back of the bulb housing where the connector goes. With the lens bonded on, the bulb must come out there somehow.

Exterior Mirror RI.pdf

54 minutes ago, simonb65 said:

So, what happens when the orange coating flakes off the bulb and fails an MOT because the indicator repeater is showing white?!!

The Service manual says you have to remove the mirror glass and top mirror cover to get to the indicator assembly (sealed???) ... see attached.

@eddiek, can you post a closeup pic of the back of the bulb housing where the connector goes. With the lens bonded on, the bulb must come out there somehow.

Exterior Mirror RI.pdf 715.2 kB · 1 download

Simon, Yes wil do next time i`m in workshop.  Looking at it breifely I couldnt see how the bulb holder came out from connector side. Thought it would too   ??

In my first photo, the “block” at the top has a seam all around it but is on there solid. Where the wires plug in, there is a rubber seal so it’s watertight when installed but not “sealed”.

assume it’s glued in possibly to make watertight and a heat gun would possibly release it.

i didn’t remove the mirror glass to get it off. I put the mirror all the way down And push the two top clips with a screwdriver then from the outside front (non-mirror side) pushed the screwdriver from the bottom of the coloured portion of mirror casing to pop it off. Indicator then has one clip holding it on and the whole indicator unit comes out 

21 hours ago, eddiek said:

They are actually just amber 501 bulbs fitted in there.  The holder is all part of a sealed assy though so don`t know how you`d get it in ? Dont know if that helps or not. 

20200914_113149.jpg

20200914_113203.jpg

Is that your indicator/do you still have it?

would you be willing to test it out and see if you can get the “block” off the back to see how it’s attached?

EDIT: Sorry just seen it was Simon asking you to have a look at it as well so ignore mine

Well it looks like you replace the whole bulb unit when the bulb goes.  It's a sealed unit and apart from taking a hacksaw to it it bulb holder doesn't come out of housing .  Think the Mk5 Mondeo has a similar , chuck away assy.  Here are some pics though.

20200915_095913.jpg

20200915_100757.jpg

20200915_100539.jpg

Interesting! The bulb holder looks like a separate part (and would have to be to mould the main body), but how they attach is a mystery. it may be bonded (glued or ultrasonic welded), which is a on-cost to the part, or for ease of manufacture and cost it may just clip together with concealed clips. If I had a broken unit, I'd be tempted to get a saw through that bottom picture vertically in the centre on the holder to see what the cross section looked like!

Should probably say that my original question relates to some modification work and not replacing a broken part but if I could get my hands on a broken part I was looking to do similar to Simon and see how they come apart.

Although I’ve got the adaptive LED lights, i just wanted to upgrade all my lighting to LED. I’ve got number plate lights, fog lights and puddle lights so far but wanted to do mirror indicators as well.

i was considering modding the mirror indicators with the amber LED indicator strips you can get on eBay, whether they be steady or dynamic and placing them along with resistors to alleviate the canbus issues if they pop up, into the mirror indicator unit, but an LED bulb alone seems like an issue at the moment hence the original post.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club