Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front nearside spring cracked

Sly

Afternoon!

Looking for a bit of advice please. My 06 Zetec S went in for it's 105 000mile service last week, workshop noticed the front left spring had broken. Cost to repair - £405 

2x front springs

2x front shocks

Labour

Any idea if this is fair? Suggestions around Bridgwater to get a second opinion please?

Change only springs, u have to change both of them, idk what cost is in there, i have changed both front springs brand KYB for about 80dollars.

Sent from my SM-G770F using Tapatalk

Not sure when the shocks were replaced so might as well whilst they in there? 

Don't mind paying as long as it's a fair price. 

I had both front springs replaced by a local garage and I was charged £120.00.   That price sounds a bit over the top to me.   I should get another quote.

7 minutes ago, Bobr said:

I had both front springs replaced by a local garage and I was charged £120.00.   That price sounds a bit over the top to me.   I should get another quote.

Now that's a price I can understand.

I phoned National Tyres & Autocare, their price for 2 springs and 2 shocks was £422! 

Spring rates will be wrong on cheap aftermarkets...not an issue on a Zetec, but noticeable on an ST.  You can buy a full set of Eibach 30mm drop springs for just over £100...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eibach-Pro-Kit-Lowering-Suspension-Spring-Kit-For-Ford-Fiesta-MK5-ST150-05-2008/142402402389?epid=27017005366&hash=item2127d83855:g:bCsAAOSwWtZdly7F

It's the shocks that cost the money though.  Those are £100+ each, that's why your quote seems so high overall.  

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Afternoon!

Looking for a bit of advice please. My 06 Zetec S went in for it's 105 000mile service last week, workshop noticed the front left spring had broken. Cost to repair - £405 

2x front springs

2x front shocks

Labour

Any idea if this is fair? Suggestions around Bridgwater to get a second opinion please?

I know a workshop in Bridgwater Somerset that is very cheap and will do a good job.I don't usually use him but a friend of mine does quite often, he has a Fiat😁It's near the railway station.