Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Ambient Lighting Installation Guide!!!!!!!!!!!

calmcdermott

Can I just ask ,,, mine has the ambient lighting as standard,,, but the one above the glovebox is quite poorly lit, and in sure it should be brighter,,,, is there a way of checking to see if its running like it should be ? Could it be broken in some way etc etc, cheers.

• Like 1

still waiting on my led strip ahhhhhhhhhhhh

is it possible to get a switch to turn these on and off?

I have to check again but i think there is 3 wires on mine? could that be correct?

Yes you can have three wires on LEDs you have one positive one negative and one ground meaning it has to be connected to earth or the nearest UNPAINTED solid steel body work

and also how do you know it had to be 12V?

12v supply is standard is all cars now thats why you have a 12v battery and 99.99% of things you put in a car are designed to work of this voltage

Can I just ask ,,, mine has the ambient lighting as standard,,, but the one above the glovebox is quite poorly lit, and in sure it should be brighter,,,, is there a way of checking to see if its running like it should be ? Could it be broken in some way etc etc, cheers.

You can check the voltage/current/resistance in the cables using a multimeter this is a simple electrical device which measures different voltages currents and resistance AC or DC any local garage should have more than a handle laying around ask them or seek an electrian to borrow one for 10mins, if there is less than 5.6v at the led terminal then the LEDs will dim to a point of turning off, if above this then poor LEDs have been fitted if below then more likly something is causing the current and voltage to drop so check you terminal connection and where you have the supply feed from any problems message me

is it possible to get a switch to turn these on and off?

Yep you can do this is you are to take the supply from a PERMANT live like the cigeratte lighter and feed a switch before your lights then you have control when then come on or off with the ignition on or not but if you leave them on over night you may wake up to no battery left

thanks for the reply

well i instanned it yesterday and for 2€ of light strip im very very happy. i think its even better looking than the ford one cause its a little brighter =)

the switch i was just thinking of havig it like in the glove box some where and just to be able to turn it off when i wanted but i like it alot so i wont put a switch.

thanks for the reply

well i instanned it yesterday and for 2€ of light strip im very very happy. i think its even better looking than the ford one cause its a little brighter =)

the switch i was just thinking of havig it like in the glove box some where and just to be able to turn it off when i wanted but i like it alot so i wont put a switch.

Sweet pics ?? No proof till pics up ;)

AND VOILA =). Oh and no need for a switch since you can switch off the ambient lighting in the menu of the car8D786E97-2FB4-4DB6-86CC-65DEE6222C59-507

Sweet :) looks good mines on order ;) done by next week i rekon

easy peasy :P only took me like 5 Minutes lol. I tried to dismantle the connector on the car but didnt manage to get it off. So i ended up cutting it. I would of liked to just have too clip it back into the connector if i need to haha.

After installing this anyone find that their interior courtesy light doesnt work yet the LEDs do??? HELP!!!!

Problem sorted **** !Removed! is broken -.- quick soldering iron job work brill ;)

Need help i dont exactly what this guide said but when i open my doers my LEDs come on but when i turn the cirtisey light on my LEDs dont come on?? Help?!!!!

Are the rest of the interior lights coming on? If so check bulb. If not check fuse.

It's alright now works fine ?? N i didnt do anything??

• 2 weeks later...

Managed fit mine at weekend, went for a blue 40cm led strip from bay of e and had to trim it a little bit as was too long. Happy with the outcome though.

post-44466-0-23003600-1378672006_thumb.j

• Like 1

Managed fit mine at weekend, went for a blue 40cm led strip from bay of e and had to trim it a little bit as was too long. Happy with the outcome though.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

nice :) i was going to go blue but the lights around the radio and centre consol are red :/ upload a pic at night so we can see what theyre like??

looks good with your car blue on blue !!!

Yehh in the pre facelift there red aren't they, only want for blue to match as it's all blue and white in the facelift. Il upload one later when it goes dark :)

Thanks, happy with how it turned out. It's a straight forward/easy mod too so can always be changed for pennies

nice i didnt know that :) love the new facelift ones, which i wasnt so young and insurance wasnt soooooo high :/ if not id have one :(

sweet be looking forward to it!!

Hahaa I'm only 20, the insurance ended up working out better for me thankfully. Glad I made the choice and got one :)

Il nip out and take one when it goes darker

Very nice!!! Like the pedals got mine on order -.- take so long to get here lol

Thanks, looks better in the flesh, Hahaa I'm sure they'll soon be there, hate waiting for things.

• 2 months later...

Well done guys! I don't have my original fiesta anymore but now want the new ST2, I didn't think of soldering lol. Cars look well!