Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Ambient Lighting Installation Guide!!!!!!!!!!!

calmcdermott

Cheers mate :) and it's standard on the new zs but unfortunately red standard. Looking into soldering new blue ones in soon

oh fair one. blue will look sweet. its going to be like an optical ocean :p

• 2 years later...

for the glovebox lighting i have bought an led strip to put there but i was just wondering which wires to splice into for both black and red from the strip... i have located the white wire and the black and blue wire coming from the top of the glovebox but i cannot seem to get the strip to turn on?

Leds are polarity sensitive, maybe they are wired into the wrong way. ie - to + instead of + to +.

I understand but there are only two wires coming from the led strip which i presume to be a live wire (red) and an earth wire (black). ive tried connecting both to either of the ambient lighting feeds but neither seem to work? I dont have a multimeter and so cant test which wires are which so if anyone has a wiring diagram thatd be great. and as you can probably tell im very new to electronics haha

• 1 year later...

Sorry to come into this topic years since it was originally opened, I am new to mk 7 I have just bought a 2010 1.6 titanium which already has the lighting above the glovebox in place, however I have been having a little dig around and it seems that fully ambient equipped cars (from the factory) have the cup holders and the cubby hole below the heater panel lit up too, should I be able to fit the stock light strips and wire them up by tapping into glovebox lighting?