Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cant remove Egr for cleaning 1.6tdci

Andy 92

Hi All,

I'm looking for help as I have a p1412 code (egr frozen) and my fiesta 1.6 econetic mk7.5 2014 seems a bit sluggish and doesn't seem to be returning the same economy it was last year.

I was averaging high 50s around town now im in the mid 40s, the car also seems like its losing boost pressure and a bit "flat".

The car is at 91k.

Anyway, I removed the fuel filter to get to the egr. Removed 2 bolts from the top of the egr valve, but couldn't for the life of me get the thing out!

I tried for an hour, yanking on the thing, even hit it with a piece of wood and a hammer on the cone shaped side (looks like a k&n filter), and managed to budge it about 1cm to the side, but not even a mm upward and out.

I'm guessing its clogged to death with soot and possibly welded itself in.

I've thought about blanking and remapping, but with a dpf, that option becomes less appealing, and I'm not a fan of removing or gutting DPFs, nor do I like the idea of deviating from OEM spec unless absolutely necessary.

Has Anybody had any luck removing their EGR specifically on the 1.6tdci 95 mk7.5 and does anybody know something I don't, e.g. another bolt I've missed or a hidden clamp I never noticed.

Another problem is, since I gave up ive replaced the fuel filter and I'm reluctant to remove again due to the self priming nature of this model (how I miss my pump düse VW). I would consider tackling it again next summer if anyone could shed light on this problem.

Other than a pry bar strategically placed or driving around with a straight through exhaust, a blank and a remap, I cant see a remedy for my wheezy choked engine.

Any help appreciated thanks.

You are correct in saying they seize themselves in. The way I get them out unfortunately requires a ramp, but I get under the car with a long pry bar and hammer the underneath of it to free it off. 

Thanks for the reply.

Thats a good shout! I wonder if I could jack my car up and give this a go or would it still be too low to the ground?

Would I need to replace the gasket after removing. I suppose it cant hurt to have one on hand.

I'm glad its not just me being soft. Tried for ages and no luck. A pry bar and a big hammer it is then.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club