Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'simulated' cruise control !!

ken hunter

2015 2.0 tdci titanium X Kuga 40000 miles

Had this motor two months ,have noticed on more than one occassion that it self propels, now I know this sounds impossible, let me explain.

Can usually happen when I change from 2nd to 3rd or 3rd to 4th gear, I can take my foot of the accelerator and the car keeps moving - it has kept going for at least a quarter of mile without slowing down - seriously, also on occassion I think from 4th to 5th gear not only does it self propel but accelerates albeit slowly but it does accelerate. - Tha ggarage I bought it from wont even accept that it is a fault having been out for a test drive with me and experienced it first hand. - Any thoughts ?

• Like 1

Are you perhaps changing up too early or does it happen regardless of the RPM?  Diesels have a very strong anti-stall in the mapping and will accelerate slightly rather than chug and labour if you're only around 1000rpm or so.  

On 9/16/2020 at 10:08 AM, ken hunter said:

2015 2.0 tdci titanium X Kuga 40000 miles

Had this motor two months ,have noticed on more than one occassion that it self propels, now I know this sounds impossible, let me explain.

Can usually happen when I change from 2nd to 3rd or 3rd to 4th gear, I can take my foot of the accelerator and the car keeps moving - it has kept going for at least a quarter of mile without slowing down - seriously, also on occassion I think from 4th to 5th gear not only does it self propel but accelerates albeit slowly but it does accelerate. - Tha ggarage I bought it from wont even accept that it is a fault having been out for a test drive with me and experienced it first hand. - Any thoughts ?

Hi Welcome

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club