Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 1.4tdci injector seals

SP23

Hi,

I have a Mk7 fiesta 1.4tdci which needs injector seals changing. (Been looked at by mechanic) . Contacted Ford and no reply with part cost or even part number, so question to all is:

Anyone have a part number for this part?

Where to buy this from? Anyone care to share a link please? 

How many seals are there?

Many thanks!!

• Like 1

Hi,

The problem with buying these items at Ford is they only supply them in large quantities so you're better off buying from eBay.

Each injector has a copper washer (seal), a plastic guide bush and a rubber o-ring.  It's recommended to change all 3 when injectors are removed.

There are hundreds advertised on eBay so it's difficult to know which to choose.  I'd suggest most are the same quality but it's probably worth double checking that they're correct with the seller once you have chosen a set.  This is just the first set that I came across on eBayhttps://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FUEL-INJECTOR-SEAL-WASHER-ORING-SET-FOR-FIESTA-1-4-TDCi-2001-ON-DIESEL/253412841075

• Like 2

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. Yeah, the amount of different types on eBay has got me confused! Thank you for the link, i have emailed seller to check if it is correct part. 

• Like 1

Honda ones are slightly thicker and softer. They are widely recommended as giving a more reliable seal than most others.

• 1 year later...

Not the OP, but I've done this job a couple of times and it's a major PITA, are you looking to do it yourself or take it to a garage? 

• Like 1

When they started leaking on my old 1.6tdci I just did the bolts/ nuts up a bit tighter and that cured it. Don’t overdo it. If you snap it / strip thread you will have a major problem

• Like 1

18 hours ago, isetta said:

When they started leaking on my old 1.6tdci I just did the bolts/ nuts up a bit tighter and that cured it. Don’t overdo it. If you snap it / strip thread you will have a major problem

I snapped a bolt doing this once and believe it or not it was actually surprisingly easy to remove, I didn't even attempt to use an easy out because I've never once seen one work in real life, instead I drilled 2 holes next to each other and removed it with a flat head screwdriver. 

• Like 1

I’ve never had any joy with a easy out either, they snap and then are resistant to drilling. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/25/2022 at 9:54 AM, BP2411 said:

Not the OP, but I've done this job a couple of times and it's a major PITA, are you looking to do it yourself or take it to a garage? 

Do the copper seals come out separate or do they come out with the injectors and what do you use to clean the ports and injectors?

Thank you

On 2/14/2024 at 9:18 PM, eswaby271 said:

Do the copper seals come out separate or do they come out with the injectors and what do you use to clean the ports and injectors?

Thank you

If you're lucky they come out with the injectors if not you need to get a removal tool. 

To clean the injector seats, you need an injector seat cleaner tool. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club