Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 Carbon look interior trim - ST Line

Bought off eBay and paid way too much as I later found it again on eBay for better than half price; only shipped from China not the UK. Anyway, I'm not convinced. Isn't a perfect match so don't want to add something to make the car look naff. Thoughts please.

20200917_080928.jpg

20200917_080919.jpg

Personally I prefer the original..

Even if it was a perfect match the contrast between the fake carbon and the plastic is better! 
Didn’t think I’d ever say that about a car interior! 

On my last car (Celica GT4) I had lots of bits, 'carbon dipped', the process looked superb and was quite cheap, (though I had a recent quote to do my Focus radio surround, and the cheapest I could get was £60, so prices have really risen!) Even had my old turbo shield done - not recommended as after a few months it peeled off with the heat, however looked good when just done LOL

Oh, it doesn't matter what 'we' think of your trim panel, it's your car, what you think is the important thing!

955300662_beforeafterturbosheild.thumb.jpg.4918e1d00c98ea4580df7c5f2f3605f5.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nard said:

Well.....it's not going in. Just dosen't match well enough for me. More money wasted. Sigh.

Just recycle it on eBay, there are loads of eejits like me that would snap bits like this up LOL

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Nard said:

Well.....it's not going in. Just dosen't match well enough for me. More money wasted. Sigh.

*Spends £20,000 on car*

*Gets depressed by wasting £20 on eBay tat*

:biggrin: 

• Haha 3

Anyone know how easily the carbon fibre bits in the ST line pop out? I have a Vignale and it has a wood effect I’m no to keen on so would love to pop them out and replace with st line parts - I did try with a trim removal tool and didn’t get far (may have been being too cautious!)

1 hour ago, simps100 said:

Anyone know how easily the carbon fibre bits in the ST line pop out? I have a Vignale and it has a wood effect I’m no to keen on so would love to pop them out and replace with st line parts - I did try with a trim removal tool and didn’t get far (may have been being too cautious!)

Surely the OP can advise as his car is an ST (according to profile). In my experience taking off trim panel for over 4 decades, they are very hard to break, and always need more force than you think is necessary. (Though I did want to remove the radio surround on my Mk2 Focus and was advised here that it 'pops out', it doesn't, you needed to remove the radio then undo a couple of torx screws LOL - a little knowledge can be a darn nuisance!) Oh, it does 'pop out' if you have a Mk2.5!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Surely the OP can advise as his car is an ST (according to profile). In my experience taking off trim panel for over 4 decades, they are very hard to break, and always need more force than you think is necessary. (Though I did want to remove the radio surround on my Mk2 Focus and was advised here that it 'pops out', it doesn't, you needed to remove the radio then undo a couple of torx screws LOL - a little knowledge can be a darn nuisance!) Oh, it does 'pop out' if you have a Mk2.5!

HaHa - like I'm going to start pulling my car apart for a stranger who can easily do it to his own. Great advice. ST-Line not ST.

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

*Spends £20,000 on car*

*Gets depressed by wasting £20 on ebay tat*

:biggrin: 

More than £20k mate; check the online build tool. How you got depressed form a sigh says a lot about you.

Oh well every forum has it's trolls.

11 minutes ago, Nard said:

Oh well every forum has it's trolls.

Tom, he just called you a troll LOL I think he's upset at you undervaluing his massively expensive car 🤣 Never mind, I still like you 😅  Hey, you can make fun of my £few runabout, I won't mind at all!

• Haha 3

@nard , seeing as the guy you've accused of being a troll has been an active member for 6 years and you've been here 8 months but mostly inactive i'd be inclined towards the inverse point of view.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

@nard , seeing as the guy you've accused of being a troll has been an active member for 6 years and you've been here 8 months but mostly inactive i'd be inclined towards the inverse point of view.

Surely being an active member for years does not give you the right to insult new members? Oh well. Maybe it does. I guess new members here have lower standings and therefore can be ridiculed.

Please be so kind as to delete my account.

Thanks.

well that escalated quickly - Escalated Quickly | Meme Generator

Maybe it was my fault...  It was meant in jest.  I don't usually banter with new members until I can gauge their sense of humour, older ones are fair game. :wink:  

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Maybe it was my fault...  It was meant in jest.  I don't usually banter with new members until I can gauge their sense of humour, older ones are fair game. :wink:  

Hey buddy, what are you sayin'?? Just because I got my license the year Thatcher came to power doesn't make me old. Well, actually, now you mention it,  mmm... right, have to go now, I have some Ovaltine and porridge to prepare, gosh, where on earth did I leave those nice new tartan slippers LOL 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Thin skin I guess.

91bc6a911c5e48665d71b56f5c416715.gif

...and the insults continue. Kinda proves my point. 

I've asked Admin to delete my account.

Thanks.

23 hours ago, Nard said:

Please be so kind as to delete my account.

If you feel that strongly about some adults having a bit of banter, no need to 'delete' your account. Simply don't post here anymore, and disable any notifications of threads you are subscribed to...

Totally unnecessary though as I've been on forums pretty much since they were invented, and the folk on here as well as being exceptionally knowledgeable, are also pretty friendly 🤠

• Like 2

I'll save him the trouble and simply ban him, job done.
Some people just don't play well with others i suppose.

d650d258438e26721cbf0d4d891cfedc.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

I'll save him the trouble and simply ban him, job done.
Some people just don't play well with others i suppose.

tenor.gif

🤠

• Like 1

Aw, looks like admin had the pleasure of binning him before I got there.

71aff129a0707e50874aec58fcaac9fb.jpg

• Haha 3

On 9/19/2020 at 5:26 PM, StephenFord said:

The MK2.5 radio surround just "pops out", as you found out, the MK2 surround is rather more thoroughly secured!

As a side note, if he feels "triggered" by THIS forum, I'd love to see how he'd get on with PistonHeads! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club