Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fakra antenna cable and two audio wires help

Aego

Hi all,

Just fitted the complete Sony satnav system form a 2012 Focus Titanium X (display,audio, buttons facia, satnav card) and a Fakra gps off amazon into my 2012 Focus Titanium that had the Sony system without satnav.

I'm not getting any sound/verbal commands while using the nav.

I've read some posts I've seen in the forum but I'm struggling to know exactly what else I'm missing?

The two audio wires.... no idea what they look like, where they go or if I can buy them on the internet?

The Fakra antenna cable between the display and the audio unit. This cable is needed for TMC reception... can someone help with a link to buy an appropriate one please?

Do I need to do anything in Forscan?

Thankyou all

what system did you fit?  is it sync 1.1?   probably sync 1.0 from that age... there's probably some coding to do - look for a guide although few would have put sync 1.0 in a car

29 minutes ago, Botus said:

what system did you fit?  is it sync 1.1?   probably sync 1.0 from that age... there's probably some coding to do - look for a guide although few would have put sync 1.0 in a car

This is in my car now (nav version). My original stereo was the same without nav. I have no sound/verbal when using satnav. As I said earlier, two audio wires, fakra antenna cable... where, what, buy of Internet??

Screenshot_20200918-142428_eBay.jpg

I was under the impression you just splice the two wires together and don't need a special connector (you'd have to get one from a scrap car if so). I can't remember the pin numbers off the top of my head, but I thought it was just connect audio out pin on the radio to the nav audio in on the screen. Obviously one wire each for positive and negative. 

I don't have any extra wires?? I plugged in the factory cables/connectors and the fakra gps cable I bought off amazon. I'm having a brain freeze.

Two audio wires and fakra antenna cable have me stumped..

I don't know about the fakra cable.

There's 2 pins on the connector going to the head unit as part of the main wiring loom already in your car they're the positive and negative for the speaker output. There's 2 pins on the screen for sat nav (pos and neg) and afaik you connect positive pin on head unit to positive on screen (and vise versa) you have to splice the wiring and either solder or crimp the joints. 

If you read through this it should give you all the answers.

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/65198-upgraded-org-sat-nav-unit-now-no-bluetooth-usb-connection/#comments

• Like 1

nice find

missing nav sound....To solve this you have to connect 2 wires as follows:

Radio Unit connector C1 Pin 4 (NAV AUDIO IN +) To FCDIM connector C1 Pin 6 (AUDIO LINE OUT +)

Radio Unit Connector C1 Pin 5 (NAV AUDIO IN -) To FCDIM connector C1 Pin 12 (AUDIO LINEOUT -)

this post

Thanks for the ongoing help everyone, I do appreciate it. I've just noticed I hadn't swapped out the bluetooth/voice part. It was hiding in the bottom of the box when it was delivered. Thing is, it's different to what was in my car originally (the smaller rounded one came in my car) and the big connector doesn't fit the bluetooth/voice part that came with everything else. At the moment the satnav works but no voice/directional sound commands. Anyone know what bluetooth/voice part I need? The newer one has two USB ports on it (on the right in the photo).  I'm confused 😕 

20200921_174104.jpg

20200921_174044.jpg

20200921_174206.jpg

I'm fed up now. Sell both systems and buy a double din and be done with it. Thanks all.

You bought a bluetooth module from a facelift Fiesta (which is actually called SYNC). I'm assuming the radio you got is also from a facelift? Your car doesn't have this and can't support it afaik.

Personally I wouldn't go double din. They look awful in the mk7 and will lower the value of the car slightly. If you do insist on going aftermarket, keep your original unit to fit when you sell the car.

The nav screen, cd/audio unit, button panel and bluetooth part were sold to me as being from another Focus but I believe you're right regarding the sync bluetooth module. All of it except the (Fiesta) sync/bluetooth bit is in my car and works except no sound commands when running the nav. Cut my losses and sell. Thanks for replying.

8 hours ago, Aego said:

Oh, my car is a 2012 Focus Titaniu not mk7.

Whoops my bad. The same message still applies tbh since they use the same stereos.

there was a reply in another post.....

is earlier old unit you have, the really old phone only version
then there was the later bt calls and music

but you need the one compatible with the radio you just fitted.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have bt calls and music. The only thing I don't have is voice commands (audible) when using the nav. If I'm playing music via bt phone, radio the sound levels drops when the nav is putting out voice commands but I can't hear them at all.

For NAV audio you need to install the 2 missing wires between the ACM and the FCDIM.

The easiest way is to find yourself a scrap car at a scrap yard and take the missing wires from that car. As an alternative you can order the correct connector pins based on the manufacturerer name and part number of the connector (manufacturer is usually TE-Connectivity) an make the wires yourself.

If the original Bluetooth/Voicecontrol functionality works with the new ACM you seem to be very lucky. During the transition from the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system to the newer SYNC 1.0/1.1 system only a few ACM part numbers supported both the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol and the SYNC 1.0/1.1 system.

The old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system has different wiring from the newer SYNC 1.0/1.1 system. If you want to install the SYNC 1.0 module you have you either need to replace the dashboard wiring harness or modify the original harness to the wiring/pinout of the SYNC 1.0/1.1 system.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club