Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How to change 6000CD to 'seek' auto - not manual?

StephenFord

I can only get my radio to seek manually, ie, every touch of the seek button will move the frequency up/down 0,1. I want it to 'auto' seek to the next station. The instruction book (yes, that's how stumped I am, got the book out LOL) says,

"Seek tuning -Select a waveband and briefly press one of the SEEK or arrow buttons.The unit will stop at the first station it finds in the direction you have
chosen...
"

This does not work, and if you hold the button down, it just scans for as long as you hold the button in. I simply want to change the 'manual' to 'auto', what am I missing?

IMG_20200917_175713.thumb.jpg.02ce2845f0c90a810e561671305279e1.jpg

10 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

If you keep pressing menu, it should change from manual to seek or scan I think.

Tom, it does change to a 'scan' option, but it still doesn't seek the next available station, just goes up or down in little itsy bits of frequency. I'm usually pretty adept at working through menus, but this has me lost! 🙁

6 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Tom, it does change to a 'scan' option, but it still doesn't seek the next available station, just goes up or down in little itsy bits of frequency. I'm usually pretty adept at working through menus, but this has me lost! 🙁

Hmm, not sure then, sorry. 

It's not you though...Ford audio is ridiculously unintuitive.  You should try finding a DAB station on the Mk3...500 physical buttons yet none of them make any sense! :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

steering wheel control scans more than the radio's own buttons on the later ones....

1 hour ago, Botus said:

steering wheel control scans more than the radio's own buttons on the later ones....

Although I have a 2005 car, the headset is 2009 (a replacement I had to buy). I'm afraid using the steering wheel controls make no difference. I just know it'll be something stupidly simple, a bit like me really 😅

1360712994_newheadsetlabel.thumb.jpg.bed259b08496b32b5d262d2908a6676a.jpg

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Although I have a 2005 car, the headset is 2009 (a replacement I had to buy). I'm afraid using the steering wheel controls make no difference. I just know it'll be something stupidly simple, a bit like me really 😅

1360712994_newheadsetlabel.thumb.jpg.bed259b08496b32b5d262d2908a6676a.jpg

It says 29.10.2004 right there... :unsure:  

Oct '09 is the expiry date.  Does it smell ok? :biggrin: 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It says 29.10.2004 right there... :unsure:  

Oct '09 is the expiry date.  Does it smell ok? :biggrin: 

LOL, right, I'm away for a lie down! It's even older than my car 😅 Now, I wonder if the 'seek' function has expired. :unsure:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

LOL, right, I'm away for a lie down! It's even older than my car 😅 Now, I wonder if the 'seek' function has expired. :unsure:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BigLen said:

Well, it has been, 'a beautiful day...' LOL

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, StephenFord said:

Well, it has been, 'a beautiful day...' LOL

😂 No line on the horizon where the streets have no names in the city of blinding lights,

Alternatively 😅