Do Not Sell My Personal Information

adding maps to sync 3?

Adam Wilson

i have a mk8 (19 plate) fiesta active 1.0 100ps and it didnt come with nav. can that be added on easily or do i need a new unit all together?

If you have Sync2.5 you can't unless you retrofit Sync3, if you have Sync3 you need to change the APIM to a Navigation unit and then set nav on using Forscan

3 minutes ago, BustedCeramics said:

If you have Sync2.5 you can't unless you retrofit Sync3, if you have Sync3 you need to change the APIM to a Navigation unit and then set nav on using Forscan

i have the sync 3 installed on my car. so i need a new unit and whats forscan? ive heard it used but still no clue what it is

10 minutes ago, Adam Wilson said:

i have the sync 3 installed on my car. so i need a new unit and whats forscan? ive heard it used but still no clue what it is

You need a sync 3 apim with navigation, and forscan is software. You use an ELM adapter to connect your computer to the cars obd port, and then use the software to turn on navigation. There's a free trial available or you can pay £20 for a few years license. 

6 minutes ago, BustedCeramics said:

You need a sync 3 apim with navigation, and forscan is software. You use an ELM adapter to connect your computer to the cars obd port, and then use the software to turn on navigation. There's a free trial available or you can pay £20 for a few years license. 

ahhh right okay i understand. ill have a look into it and see if i can get it done!

Do you also need a different antenna + base and/or GPS module?

1 hour ago, Mavroz said:

Do you also need a different antenna + base and/or GPS module?

the module is the APIM isn't it? and I wouldn't have thought so. an Ariel is an just Ariel surely?

Well no, a Leader is very different to a Square Four.

On 9/23/2020 at 2:34 PM, Adam Wilson said:

the module is the APIM isn't it? and I wouldn't have thought so. an Ariel is an just Ariel surely?

Pretty sure that APIM is the interface module.

When the Mrs first got her car new and she had issues with GPS, they changed the GPS module and Antenna.

Soooo I would have said the GPS module may well be a different component to the APIM. 

Not 100% sure, just going by what Ford tried changing to make GPS work.

Someone in the know will eventually tell you what you need, whether it is possible and whether the cost would be worth it.

And an aerial is not always just an aerial...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club