Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

ERROR showing on odometer instead of milage

chutney123

My battery died on my Ford mondeo 2015, after a new battery was installed. The car is no longer showing mileage reading but Showing ERROR instead.

Does anyone know howI can fix this problem please?

Might be the BMS that needs a reset? I'd try plug in with Forscan and see what that says.

Did you fit the correct battery?

My mate who’s a master tech told me you have to basically tell the car you have fitted a new battery. Whether he means a reset as said above or something else with a code reader type machine. Also check that your cars not being recalled for a battery monitor. My smax did and the mondeo and smax are basically the same car. 

That's weird, I've fitted loads of batteries to mondeos and never had this message, if he puts the old battery back on does the Error message disappear? 

It does need the BMS resetting as a new battery has been fitted, I'm wondering if the cluster needs reconfiguring too. Hopefully it doesn't need a new one as they're roughly £1k for the high spec units

Hi master. 

I honestly couldn’t answer your question properly. I just remember him saying about telling the car, but that could have meant multiple things.  He learned about it when the garage he worked changed a battery and the car wouldn’t allow the altinator to charge the battery.   

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club