Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water leak need advice

madman

Hi guys

I have ford focus and I have used k seal before as to fix those heater matrix pipes. 

Today coming back in car noticed driveway wet looking under bonnet I see water under water pump so I think water pump but under the wheel arch drivers at front vehicle the water is laying on black plastic where star shape screws are and dripping through. I felt water and it's cold, I thought if was water tank for engine it be warm.

Any ideas guys please?.

Thank you

Water beneath water pump and  water is laying on the black plastic on front vehicle beneath headlight drivers side.  If this was pump how has water got from pump to corner of wheel arch under headlight. 

Anyone got ideas what this is

Thank you

Windscreen washer fluid? 

Radiator?  Short journeys may not open the stat so the rad water would still be cold.

You're gonna have to get a closer look I'm afraid.  We're really just guessing otherwise.

• Like 1

here is a pic, It's front drivers side u can just see the wheel. 

I had car running yesterday on driveway for about half hr before I took it out and could see nothing,  went for drive came back water.  Seems if car is still with engine running nothing, soon as drive with it water. 

Thanks

Polish_20200922_111039432.jpg

Yeah, I can see where it is but the undertrays will channel water around, they need to come off so you can see where the actual leak is above. 

Washer bottle is behind the wheel so I'd say it's unlikely to be that - unless you've got headlight washers?

My guess would still be radiator but there is a coolant pipe that runs along there and it could even be the waterpump and just running forward on the undertray.

It looks very clear though, sure it's not just rain collected somewhere?  I'd expect coolant to have a slight pink tinge at least.

• Like 1

Thank you tom.

The washer bottle is in the wing above the tyre like a arch shape.  No headlight washer.

Ford quote 62 pound for a washer bottle and said they don't go much, investigate before u spend.

I'm thinking washer bottle or little tubes going to it now.  Both front and back jets have good power, even tho front jets didn't work but now do bit odd. 

I used washers with engine off and water appeared under water pump and on that drivers undertray, but the water got escape somewhere. 

Last night 9pm ish  took car for little run only bout mile or 2. Checked before left no water under pump stopped at top of hill dry. Got back home pulled on driveway and had little look water under pump.

Thanks for replying

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club