Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nintendo Switch; Q&A

BigLen
聽Share

Hi all,聽

Our son will be celebrating his sixth birthday soon and he's looking for a Nintendo switch,聽

He also wants GTA5 but we both know that's not going to happen 馃槀he says he's old enough to play it because it's five 馃槀

Anyway; I have a few questions about the switch; I'm certain that I want to purchase the original Nintendo switch馃憞

nintendo-switch-red-blue.thumb.jpg.fa203835a0f3049c4eb042b18a134bab.jpg

and not the new lite version馃憞

10002295_1_Classic.thumb.jpg.be86580bade9dbd413ccccf754f50640.jpg

because the joypads don't separate from the screen on the lite model.

My main question then is;聽

I see there are memory cards available for the switch with quite large capacity 128Gb etc.

I also see there is a 12 months online subscription pass available.

Are all of the games available to purchase online via the switch console or is it better to purchase the cartridge game?聽

702123.thumb.gif.d8fbaa955a0b11d90c38b10618f90c23.gif

1940981154__1.JPG-1.thumb.jpg.e58191d38d5588f045d494dde1a4408b.jpg

Can I purchase just the switch then log on via the switch and download the games rather than purchasing cartridges or am I best to purchase cartridges?聽

All information greatly appreciated thanks 馃憤

703564.gif

It takes standard microSD cards, so don't bother with the branded Nintentdo ones, a normal Sandisk, etc is much cheaper. Just get one of the faster ones rated for apps, not a super cheap slow one, although most are the faster variety nowadays.

I'd say just go with cheapest source for each game between online and physical, you can just download them to the card if bought on the Nintendo store. But sometimes you get better offers on physical copies from retailers.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

It takes standard microSD cards, so don't bother with the branded Nintentdo ones, a normal Sandisk, etc is much cheaper. Just get one of the faster ones rated for apps, not a super cheap slow one, although most are the faster variety nowadays.

I'd say just go with cheapest source for each game between online and physical, you can just download them to the card if bought on the Nintendo store. But sometimes you get better offers on physical copies from retailers.

Excellent thanks Alex,聽

I think I'm looking for a Class 10 micro SD card then聽

• 6 months later...

Planning to buy one for my daughter. She's been raving about Animal Crossing for the last few months.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club