Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cmax 2018 Keyless entry - Handles don't seem to work anymore

Cannon

Title basically says it all.

Today (23rd Sept) I left work, went to car - touched handle & car unlocked as normal

Popped off to the shops on the way home but when I parked - when I tried the handle the car wouldn't lock up (mirrors never moved etc)
Tried the Keyfob buttons & the car locked up

Thinking it was a glitch tried opening with handles.. wouldn't open
Thought I'd see if it 'settle down' so went shopping - came back & tried handle... still wouldn't open (Had to use Keyfob buttons)

Car started up OK when ignition was pressed (push button ignition) & drove home
Got home & tried the driver handle again to lock car... still wouldn't do anything, so I went around to Passenger handle to try - that didn't work either
(Had to use key fob again)

I suspect the keyfob MUST be ok as I could open/closed car with buttons AND the car started up so I suspect it's something else
Car was only serviced last week & it passed ok so I suspect it's something that can't be predicted so - a blown fuse perhaps ?
(Too late at night to start checking fuses etc)

Looking at fuse box(s) diagrams (Such as https://knigaproavto.ru/shemy/en/ford/c-max/568-2011-2018-ford-c-max-fuse-box-diagram.html) I notice that there's a couple of 'possible' fuses that MIGHT have something to do with 'Keyless entry door handles detection' but thought I'd ask here first to see if anyone else can come up with other possible suggestions as to why the handles have stopped working but Keyfob seems to be OK.

(I'll be checking the handles tomorrow when I go to work just in case it WAS a glitch)

FYI the possible fuses are

Passenger fuse box :
F
78 : 'Ignition switch, push button ignition switch, keyless vehicle module' (I suspect THIS isn't the one as the car started up OK)

Luggage Compartment box:

2 : Keyless vehicle module

3 Keyless vehicle door handles

Any help appreciated

Mine plays up,if it's been raining the sensors get wet and need time to dry out.

Quick Update - in case anyone ELSE gets a similar problem....

After checking the fuse to the handles (On Cmax it's fuse 3 in boot fuse box) & changing it since it was discolloured & I couldn't see the 'link' clearly) - Phoned up Local Ford Dealer & asked if it was possible for advice over phone - otherwise may have to book car in.  Got passed onto a nice bloke called Peter (after 1/2hr hanging on)

Explained what was happening (as above) & he stopped me after I said "all handles don't work"..

He told me that for some reason the 'keyless option had been turned off'.
There is an option on the dashboard screen (scroll down to [Settings] then [>] [Vehicle settings]) called 'Keyfree' with a checkbox & I should make sure that it's selected.
(I checked & it wasn't - so selected it & now handles work)

He apparently had a woman who had this happen to her ~3 times this month but there's no apparent reason for it to change unless 'someone pressed something without realising' 

I KNOW I didn't change anything from leaving work (when they worked) to pulling up at the shops (when they didn't) - except I skipped some music tracks & turned on Air-con, so I don't know how my option got changed  while driving
- probably a 'glitch' occurred somehow

Anyway, if this happens to anyone else - at least this solution is one thing they can check first

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

• 9 months later...

I had the same problem, took my car into the  Ford garage and was told it was caused by a low battery.  I was advised to give it a good run on the motorway and the keyless entry by touching the handle still didn't work.   This evening I  tried what Cannon said would work and it did!  Thank you so much for a correct diagnosis.  I could have avoided a 25 mile return trip to the garage and expensive petrol as well as my time.