Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Multicolour Ambient Lighting

colinmcg71

Don’t know if this has been mentioned before but it’s a nice safety feature. When a door is opened the multicolour ambient lighting in the Mk4 Focus changes to red. When the door is closed again it returns to whatever colour was originally set (In this case Ice Blue).

• Like 2

Does it change if your setting is already Red? Personally I don't see the point, but each to their own.

It's not a new feature on the Mk4, my Mk3 pre-facelift does the same. Possibly a legal requirement to avoid showing anything other than a red light to the rear of the vehicle when the door is open?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pcaouolte said:

It's not a new feature on the Mk4, my Mk3 pre-facelift does the same. Possibly a legal requirement to avoid showing anything other than a red light to the rear of the vehicle when the door is open?

Good point, I'm on red anyway, doesn't mess up,your night vision as much as blue.

Now, if your lady has left her handbag on the passenger floor, does it automatically play some 80s disco? 🤣

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Now, if your lady has left her handbag on the passenger floor, does it automatically play some 80s disco? 🤣

I read the first few words in the context of "red light"... but no,that's not what you meant 

• Haha 2

My lady and I are of an age where we mainly listen to 80s disco to remind us of our youth.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, south_bound said:

I read the first few words in the context of "red light"... but no,that's not what you meant 

That'd be Mr Inconspicuous in his Ford Mondeo! 

• Haha 2

I have red anyway as I feel like its the brightest (I like to be able to see it!) 

Id like to use the green but its very dim compared

Anyone agree that there is absolutely 0% difference in the orange and red?

27 minutes ago, FezMan said:

I have red anyway as I feel like its the brightest (I like to be able to see it!) 

Id like to use the green but its very dim compared

Anyone agree that there is absolutely 0% difference in the orange and red?

There is a very slight difference between them but I mean very slight. I have an Orange Fury ST, so everything is saying use orange, but I love the purple colour. 

I cycle through a different colour each day as we approach Christmas (not yet) to help getting into the festive spirit. Usually I use the dark blue.