Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Focus - Driver Assist Pack after bulld

JDC14

Hi

After months of dawdling I’ve bought the new Focus (2020.75 MY).

it’s got a convenience pack but not the driver assist pack.

I’ve seen a few posts about Forscan and the ability to activate features etc and didn’t know if it’s possible to activate Auto High Beam and Traffic Sign Recognition after I pick the car up?

thanks

Pretty sure they'll only work if you have the cameras and possibly the radar unit.

You need the correct level camera.

Camera is fitted to all models but base spec cameras can't read road signs or do auto high beam.

There are some posts on Forscan about it. Once you have the right spec camera you can turn on everything in the Driver's assistance pack except ACC

The radar is used for ACC etc

thanks for the responses.

Is it possible to get hold of the camera and replace it? Or would I need to replace the whole unit behind the rear view? 

ACC I’m not too worried about, I am interested in the Auto high beam and traffic sign recognition though - used to using them from my previous car. 

Picked up the car this morning and it seems to have TSR, but not ACC. 

will test the AHB later but the dealer couldnt explain it

Auto High Beam is only really something that you can explain once you've seen it in operation, it's really funky. It also has to be turned on in the cars settings, mine was already on so perhaps it is on by default but I did get mine used and not new. It works exactly as you would expect it to. If you're driving in dark enough conditions for the lights to come on it will the turn the high beam on when it thinks it is needed (unlit roads). I don't think it came on while I was driving down well lit roads, I certainly can't remember it. The high beam also stays on when another car is coming but it automatically blocks some of the light, it's a really strange thing to see the first time it happens.

I had AHB on my fiesta, came on in some random places I didn’t think were necessary but was really good when it came to cars approaching on the other side of the road or driving into well lit areas.

Ultimately, I can flick the stalk to turn it on, but would be a nice added bonus.

EDIT: sorry reread my message - what I meant by dealer couldn’t explain it - was that he couldn’t explain why I had the speed limit showing on the dashboard when I didn’t have Driver Assist Pack. He did look straight at the windscreen outside though so was checking the sensors/radar/camera. It certainly has traffic sign recognition though as I kept a really close eye on that on the first drive and it was picking up all the speed signs on the route.

My car has the convenience pack but not driver assist and I definitely have traffic sign recognition from the camera. No AHB though, but I don't think it's possible with the standard halogen headlights (which I have).

I thought it was a nice bonus feature so didn't question it!

Edited by Pirnie
Clarification

I’ve got the LEDs (standard not adaptive) so will find out about the AHB in a few hours.

The traffic sign took me by surprise during the handover so I just mentioned it to him - definitely take it as it was one thing I tried to avoid losing when changing car as i had got used to it

14 hours ago, JDC14 said:

EDIT: sorry reread my message - what I meant by dealer couldn’t explain it - was that he couldn’t explain why I had the speed limit showing on the dashboard when I didn’t have Driver Assist Pack. He did look straight at the windscreen outside though so was checking the sensors/radar/camera. It certainly has traffic sign recognition though as I kept a really close eye on that on the first drive and it was picking up all the speed signs on the route.

Yes all Focus models have speed sign recognition but that works mainly form the Sat Nav data, not so much the camera.

If you have traffic sign recognition you will have two circles on the instrument cluster.

It goes faint and it looks to be a fainter circle to the right but no outline of a circle as in the last car.

Checked ETIS last night and it’s not on the spec, but, the car has picked up temporary speed signs at roadworks as I’ve passed them, so the SatNav data must be phenomenal. 

Its a camera not satnav.  It picks up temporary signs and sometimes even signs from side streets when it shouldn't.  Other times when I come out of a speed limited area but there was no new speed limit sign the car continues to show a 30 limit when its clearly not the case.  Just like all these driver aids, it still needs the driver to have some common sense.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club