Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New to me mk3 fl 1.5 ecoboost

ColW

I have paid a deposit on a 2018  mk3 fl 1.5 182 manual st line x. Waiting for it to be moved before I can inspect and test drive it.

Does anybody have any recommendations of things to look at before I sign the paperwork?

The mileage on the new car is only 6572 so assuming it has no issues it should last me for several years.

I've enjoyed my mk3 1.6 for the last 3 years but it will be 10 years old next year and it's time for a change.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs against my 1.6. I've driven a fiesta and ecosport 1 litre ecoboost but not had chance to try a 1.5 focus yet. I get to see it and test drive on Thursday. All being well I should have it for weekend. I've checked it out on etis and about the only thing I lose from my current titanium is keyless entry but I nearly always use the remote key anyway. 

Excellent car.

Bit of turbo lag at low speeds. If you can live with it fine, otherwise DTUK pedal box can improve it.

Local mpg can be a bit poor (25-30mpg for a manual). Maybe reset the trip computer and see for yourself if you get a decent test drive. The computer mpg is about 10% optimistic. And have a look at Trip2 in case it hasn't been reset over that 6500 miles.

Maybe take a tyre pressure gauge and check the pressures before the test drive. I have noticed the ride quality is average at best, but helped by reducing pressures a little. If pressures are too high, the ride can be choppy.

Check the brand of the tyres. The Michelin Primacy factory fits are noisy and can tramline.

If it has active xenons, make sure the self test is ok, and that they bend correctly when you turn the wheel.

Make sure it comes with 2 keys as replacements are very expensive.

Overall, an excellent car with nothing to worry about at that mileage.

I'm in the process of changing my car for something different, but I have loved mine. Will miss it for sure.

I generally get 35 to 40 mpg out of my 1.6 ti-vct for my daily commutes which is about 80 percent motorway. It drops a lot in traffic but I haven't had any hold ups on the motorway for months now. I'm hoping the 1.5 eco can get similar if I go easy on the pedal.

From the pictures I saw of it it has Continental tyres 235/40 R18 and I would assume they are still the original tyres at that mileage. They are the same size as on my current focus so I know what to expect ride wise. Just stiffer suspension compared to my titanium.

Just to update, the test drive was fine. I like the extra power it has compared to mine. There are a couple of things for them to touch up and I have asked for all components to be updated and sync updates before I collect it at the end of next week. Really looking forward to it now.

Well I collected the car today and so far all seems good. On filling up it gave 290 miles as the estimated mileage till empty but with a short run on the motorway the average mpg was up to 37mpg so similar to my older 1.6.

I have tried to install the sync 3 update but it can wait until tomorrow now. The first usb stick wasn't being recognised by sync even though it was in exfat format with all the files. I have a different brand usb stick that is being recognised so need to give it some time to update.

Looking at the invoices supplied with the car it had a new clutch and flywheel in February this year due to no drive when put in gear. I hope the car is going to give me at least a few years of trouble free motoring like my older mk3 did.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club