Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Installing ambient footwell lights Mk4

martinb14

I've got ambient footwell lights from Autobeam that I want to hardwire into the interior lights so that they come on when the car is unlocked or doors are opened. Should this be easy to do? I've tried taking off the trim at the front passenger side but not sure which wires are for interior lights. Has anyone else tried this or something similar with footwell lights for the mk4?

You could try wiring them directly to the ceiling lights, the side trim up the edge of the windscreen comes off really easily, you may be able to wiggle a wire through to the ceiling light and tap into the bulb wiring from there.

On 9/28/2020 at 10:51 AM, Frowma said:

You could try wiring them directly to the ceiling lights, the side trim up the edge of the windscreen comes off really easily, you may be able to wiggle a wire through to the ceiling light and tap into the bulb wiring from there.

Thanks, will give that a try. 

I did think about a fuse tap but from looking at the manual I can't work out which fuse is for the interior lights. 

• 1 year later...
On 10/4/2020 at 1:34 PM, martinb14 said:

Thanks, will give that a try. 

I did think about a fuse tap but from looking at the manual I can't work out which fuse is for the interior lights. 

Having the same issue did you find which fuse to use?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club