Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If your car hasn’t DAB, but you want it, this may be of interest...

StephenFord

I installed a Nextbase 250 DAB converter after just getting my car nearly 2 years ago. I fitted it with the supplied ‘windscreen’ aerial, which was sufficient for my modest needs, though only really gave me 80% to 85% reception when driving about.Then disaster happened, my radio station of choice decided to ‘upgrade’ from standard DAB, to DAB+

This then meant that my reception dropped to about 65% to 70%. In an attempt to improve matters.I then installed an ‘active’ DAB splitter which would take the signal from my original roof mount aerial . Being powered (built in amplifier blah blah blah, I had high hopes of an improvement, and I certainly did notice a difference, yes, reception then fell to around 50%. It was truly awful and a total waste of money.

I was at a bit of a loss, then I stumbled upon a ‘magnetic’ mount roof aerial for DAB. It was less than £5 (inc P&P) so certainly worth a punt (I had spent over £20 on the ‘splitter between it and various adapters)

Really quick to install, maybe not the most attractive addition, however..I now get full reception with no drop outs, much improved over the pathetic windscreen aerial and 'active' splitter! Really wish someone had told me this at the start.🤣

My NextBase DAB converter

235113533_NextBaseDAB.thumb.jpg.40c1e6037a10ff8309c479b7f5a6299f.jpg

Pretty useless windscreen aerial...

624143904_windscreenDABaerial.thumb.JPG.b900626a34b038eefb0afc392988b91b.JPG

Even more useless powered splitter...

257811873_DABpoweredsplitter.thumb.jpg.4485e202a81c0dd8d02ba16a5b746a31.jpg

And who doesn't like a happy ending - cheap MagMount - perfect!

1963228007_DABMagMount2.thumb.jpg.dbc0b9dba5f1f82a0a358cfea0b11877.jpg

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I installed a Nextbase 250 DAB converter after just getting my car nearly 2 years ago. I fitted it with the supplied ‘windscreen’ aerial, which was sufficient for my modest needs, though only really gave me 80% to 85% reception when driving about.Then disaster happened, my radio station of choice decided to ‘upgrade’ from standard DAB, to DAB+

This then meant that my reception dropped to about 65% to 70%. In an attempt to improve matters.I then installed an ‘active’ DAB splitter which would take the signal from my original roof mount aerial . Being powered (built in amplifier blah blah blah, I had high hopes of an improvement, and I certainly did notice a difference, yes, reception then fell to around 50%. It was truly awful and a total waste of money.

I was at a bit of a loss, then I stumbled upon a ‘magnetic’ mount roof aerial for DAB. It was less than £5 (inc P&P) so certainly worth a punt (I had spent over £20 on the ‘splitter between it and various adapters)

Really quick to install, maybe not the most attractive addition, however..I now get full reception with no drop outs, much improved over the pathetic windscreen aerial and 'active' splitter! Really wish someone had told me this at the start.🤣

Pretty useless windscreen aerial...

624143904_windscreenDABaerial.thumb.JPG.b900626a34b038eefb0afc392988b91b.JPG

Even more useless powered splitter...

257811873_DABpoweredsplitter.thumb.jpg.4485e202a81c0dd8d02ba16a5b746a31.jpg

And who doesn't like a happy ending - cheap MagMount - perfect!

1797102080_DABMagMount.thumb.jpg.fea69dfc1305be0154ae063b716c68ee.jpg

I'm looking into installing Dab+ after talkRadio moved👍

8 minutes ago, williamweb said:

I'm looking into installing Dab+ after talkRadio has moved👍

LOL, you just reminded me - have now edited my post with new photo at start. Couldn't do without my daily dose of The Independent Republic of Mike Graham :laugh: (It was TalkRadio moving to DAB+ that caused me all this hassle!)

• 8 months later...

I bought  little bluetooth device like this couple years ago. Highway 4329 its called from Halfords. Not happy at all with it. Keeps loosing bluetooth connection with my phone then most of the time I have to pull over to re-connect the Highway to my phone. Pain in the ***** it is. And also if I want to change radio stations I cant as it is fiddly and takes my eye off the road. So I want a proper built in radio with a proper antenna. 

10 minutes ago, Joe1885 said:

I bought  little bluetooth device like this couple years ago. Highway 4329 its called from Halfords. Not happy at all with it. Keeps loosing bluetooth connection with my phone then most of the time I have to pull over to re-connect the Highway to my phone. Pain in the ***** it is. And also if I want to change radio stations I cant as it is fiddly and takes my eye off the road. So I want a proper built in radio with a proper antenna. 

The NextBase unit is not bluetooth, I would not dream of using my phone for such an activity in my car, it's for making phone calls LOL The sound is transferred to my head unit via a proper old fashioned cable into the AUX input and sound quality is excellent. Like I said, I only ever listen to TalkRadio, so for me, it's just perfect...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club