Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Daily driver - Progress on youtube

gentil79

Hi All,

I recently bought a 2010 Focus 1.6 ZETEC and I am doing several jobs in it not only to keep it mechanically in shape, but also take care of a few issues related to the lack of history. All work is being recorded and videos being posted on Youtube.

This is the first video of this car and there are a few others already published. Many more to come in the next few weeks.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Unbelievable, I have the same 2010 car as you and only after watching your video did I discover you can pull the driver's armrest out

Only had the car for four years.

Next second-hand car I buy had better come with a manual

Looking forward to seeing more of your videos to see what else my car has hidden away

• Haha 4

That's two of us.

I have just been out to check and blow me,my arm rest pulls out as well.

ScaniaPBman

• Haha 3

On 9/29/2020 at 12:44 PM, Carl123 said:

Unbelievable, I have the same 2010 car as you and only after watching your video did I discover you can pull the driver's armrest out

Looking forward to seeing more of your videos to see what else my car has hidden away

You've probably got a cooled glovebox if it's a Titanium...ideal for drink driving!  And possibly voice control on the audio stalk?  'Oi radio - turn the volume up'... :biggrin: 

On 9/29/2020 at 12:44 PM, Carl123 said:

Cheers, more to come in the next few days

Hi Guys, I've uploaded a few more videos on Youtube. check the playlist on my channel:

• Like 1

Major service has now been completed and the first part I said now on YouTube:

Part 2 will be uploaded this weekend.

• Like 2

good purchase :yahoo:

I own what is commonly regarded as the best car in the world... when new it cost 110k (not by me, has 60 k miles on it and is still visually like new), it is the biggest pile of ***** I ever owned, it has the most uncomfortable seats known to man, heated, vented, massaging, multi contour, active rubbish that gives me shoulder cramps and back ache for a week after a long trip.  Its ride and handling is a sick joke, its just appalling.  And even more alarmingly, it is the most unreliable costly wreck I ever worked on.

I also have a Mk 2 focus worth about 1k, its done 3 times the mileage of the Merc, it is an utter pleasure to drive, very reliable, the ride and handling is fantastic, its comfort infinitely better, with incredible seats for what it is.  Its even designed with more thought, by obviously better engineers.  Simple stuff like waiting for the water to land on the screen before scratching it.  Its way nicer to sit in and drive than the other wreck, and if I were the judge "more than 100 times better than the best car in the world". 

Two thing are wrong with the focus... I have to change gear.... and the retarded high beam switch is offensive.  It takes more effort and longer (meaning you dazzle others) to flash the lights to dip, than to flick away (like normal cars) - why did they get that so VERY wrong?  It is literally the one bit that would stop me buying another

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone and happy new year!

It's been a while since I posted something here, so here are some more new videos of more bits of work done in my car:

• Like 1

On 10/18/2020 at 10:22 AM, Botus said:

good purchase :yahoo:

I own what is commonly regarded as the best car in the world... when new it cost 110k (not by me, has 60 k miles on it and is still visually like new), it is the biggest pile of ***** I ever owned, it has the most uncomfortable seats known to man, heated, vented, massaging, multi contour, active rubbish that gives me shoulder cramps and back ache for a week after a long trip.  Its ride and handling is a sick joke, its just appalling.  And even more alarmingly, it is the most unreliable costly wreck I ever worked on.

I also have a Mk 2 focus worth about 1k, its done 3 times the mileage of the Merc, it is an utter pleasure to drive, very reliable, the ride and handling is fantastic, its comfort infinitely better, with incredible seats for what it is.  Its even designed with more thought, by obviously better engineers.  Simple stuff like waiting for the water to land on the screen before scratching it.  Its way nicer to sit in and drive than the other wreck, and if I were the judge "more than 100 times better than the best car in the world". 

Two thing are wrong with the focus... I have to change gear.... and the retarded high beam switch is offensive.  It takes more effort and longer (meaning you dazzle others) to flash the lights to dip, than to flick away (like normal cars) - why did they get that so VERY wrong?  It is literally the one bit that would stop me buying another

I know the feeling, as I've been there a couple of times many years ago. I like the focus and its easy to work on and parts are cheap, i just wish it was a bit quieter on the motorway an even when replaced the tyres, the road noise is still a bit high. My wife's mk3 is way more quiet on similar tyres. Apart from that, I'm happy with it, despite the 1.6 being a bit gutless, but I've had worse, so I'm fine with it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, gentil79 said:

Hi everyone and happy new year!

It's been a while since I posted something here, so here are some more new videos of more bits of work done in my car:

https://youtu.be/05jHTBAHwsQ

https://youtu.be/fFGC55m_vEo

Nice vids mate (liked and subscribed), that Halfords jack looks very good for the price.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Another video upload where I replace my missus MK3 side mirror. A simple job really.

Another video is coming in just over a week where I’ll be upgrading the mk2 windscreen washer jets to the MK3 ones.

• Like 1

Hi all, just replaced the windscreen washer jets on my car with MK3 ones and I'm quite happy with the result. Definitely an improvement over the standard ones.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

Last weekend I upgraded the interior lights using LED bulbs, footwell lights and additional boot light:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi all.

it’s been a while since I posted something, but weather has been rubbish and jobs had to wait.

More videos coming very soon!

Ford Focus 5000 mile report

https://youtu.be/ZKquy6RKS3c

• Like 1

Focus MK2 Front Brake discs and pads replacement

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My car is now cool again after this low cost repair, saving quite a bit compared to what a garage wanted to charge me.

Focus MK2 aircon pipe replacement

https://youtu.be/m6I9TmDa5LQ

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A job before the MOT… replacing the rear stabilizer links: 

Focus MK2 Rear Stabilizer link replacement - also suitable for Volvo S40 MK2, C30 and V50

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Focus MK2 front lower wishbone replacement

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Another straightforward job!

Focus MK2 facelift & MK3 wing mirror indicator / bulb replacement

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/28/2021 at 7:44 PM, gentil79 said:

I wonder why people still call them wing mirrors when they're bolted to the doors?

• Like 2

I have had a Focus for 10 years a 2011, but the same as yours, and in all that time I never knew the armrest moved!

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/28/2021 at 7:44 PM, gentil79 said:

Another straightforward job!

Have you not thought about getting a set of these? 

https://amzn.to/3kVBGzz

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club