Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help needed with an old S-max and error codes

S2theMAX

Greetings friends, I hope it's allright that I come to you with my troubles.

We recently got our car smashed to ***** by a ***** driver not looking at the road, so we had to buy something quickly and cheaply. Ended up buying a 2007 S-max a few days ago, it's gone over 300 000 km, so it's seen some use. Don't know if it's silly of me, but I hope it'll last me a couple of years.
The car has been serviced regularly, with oil and filter changes, new brakes last year and timing belt 3 years ago. Looks fine and handles well as far as I can tell, but I'm not a mechanic, just a (un)happy amateur (There's a little squeeling sound when the car starts sometimes, I think only when the weather is wet - should I worry about that?)

Now, the sellers told me there was something wrong with the ABS, and that it was most likely a sensor (they had gotten a quote). I've ran diagnostics with Forscan, which showed a bunch of codes. I cleared all error codes, drove around some and ran diagnostics again. Still having warning lights so I was hoping someone could help point out what I should look into here.
I've got the following ABS related errors:

===ABS DTC C0034:31-C8===
Code: C0034 - Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor

Additional Fault Symptom:
 - No Signal

- Previously Set DTC - Not Present at Time of Request
 - Malfunction Indicator Lamp is On for this DTC
 - Test not complete

===ABS DTC U0126:00-08===
Code: U0126 - Lost Communication With SASM

- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

I've already replaced the left front wheel sensor and cleaned up the connector, as that one was old and that side was very gunky. The right one looks to have been replaced not too long ago, the right side was also very clean compared to the left side. I measured the correct resistance from the wire that connects to the sensor on the right side. I guess I should try measuring from where the wire connects to the ABS module, but where's that? What other things should I try? Are there any DIY-manuals, workshop manuals, software or something that I should get? For my old car (SAAB) I had service-software with basically step-by-step instructions for everything.

I've also got the following errors that I wonder if I should do something about:

===PCM DTC P2263:17-6C===
Code: P2263 - Turbocharger/Supercharger A Boost System Performance

- Circuit Voltage Above Threshold

- DTC Maturing - Intermittent at Time of Request
 - Test not complete

===PCM DTC P0691:00-6C===
Code: P0691 - Fan 1 Control Circuit Low

- Test not complete

Module: Powertrain Control Module

===PCM DTC P02E1:72-6C===
Code: P02E1 - Diesel Intake Air Flow A Control Performance

- Actuator Stuck Open

- Test not complete

===PCM DTC U1A04:00-E8===
Code: U1A04 - Vehicle Speed CAN Signal

- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is On for this DTC
 - Test not complete

There's also another error that mentions CAN, not sure if this is related somehow:

===ACM DTC U1900-20===
Code: U1900 - CAN Communication Bus Fault - Receive Error

Module: Audio Control Module

I'm attaching the complete log in case anyone feels curious. If you read this far, thank you. And please, any pointers are welcome.

2020.09.30.txt

So, I managed to log the wheel speed sensors while driving. The front left wheel was constantly showing 255 km/h. I measured the correct resistance from the sensor, and from the wire that connects directly to the sensor, so I figure I need to check the rest of the wire. But where does that wire go? I haven't been able to take a proper look, but from just peeking under the hood I can't find the ABS-unit (I imagine the wire goes straight there, or are there more connectors along the way?). Is the ABS-unit hidden under the battery or something?

• 1 month later...

I dont know about any other connectors.  But the ABS module is behind the battery box. There is a multi plug on the right of it. Good luck. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club