Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Giving my MK2.5 Focus a deep interior clean

gentil79

Hi all,

Following my previous topic, New Daily Driver, I gave it this time a good wash, which I recorded. Interior only, just to make it smell better and get rid of all stains. Plus, I've put new mats!

I just wish ford made better carpets...

• Like 2

Awaiting the 'none of my interior buttons, switches and stalks work anymore' thread... :unsure: 

Does look nice and clean though! :biggrin: 

• Haha 4

As soon as I get moved into my new garage unit I'm going to get both of the cars in there, get the seats out and everything to give them a proper clean. 

Bets on how many McDonalds chips I will find under each seat?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Awaiting the 'none of my interior buttons, switches and stalks work anymore' thread... :unsure: 

Does look nice and clean though! :biggrin: 

That's why I had a cloth and wiped all the time. To be fair, there was so much crust and dried out coffee that the whole das inside was almost waterproof. The next couple of days were during the mini heatwave, so it was all nice and dry. And everything worked :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Finance Guy said:

As soon as I get moved into my new garage unit I'm going to get both of the cars in there, get the seats out and everything to give them a proper clean. 

Bets on how many McDonalds chips I will find under each seat?

Strangely I found none on mine, but since the cup holders are rubbish, I guess that the coffee/coke spillage was a daily occurrence in that car.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, F0CUE said:

Now that is Ocd Cleaning at its best looking good 👍 You should of posted it up Here

Good point, how do I get it moved?

Wow, you are really taking all this Covid stuff very seriously! LOL You do that after every drive? 🤣

• Haha 3

Great post!

That reminds me, we have a steam cleaner somewhere.

The boot areaa always looks good when cleaned - or is that just me??

I have 2 sets of mats now, so that when I wash one set and hang them to dry I can put the other set in. Although we have a Dyson a tenant left a nearly new Henry hoover in a rental property, and it comes with a great long crevice tool (Ooohh Errr Mrs) and I find that good for the car, getting down the side of the seats etc.

I also use a spray interior upholstery cleaner - I think its a Simonize one - regularly.

On the seats I used a Dodo Juice upholstery sealer when I got my car and it's donne an excellent job so far, no marks at all.

9 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Wow, you are really taking all this Covid stuff very seriously! LOL You do that after every drive? 🤣

Hahahah, to be honest last time I did a clean this deep was on a mk1 Focus and even after a cleaning stint like this one, it still smell of tobacco. Instead of coffee, I was scrapping crusty ***** ashes.

7 hours ago, fiestaecoboostman said:

Great post!

That reminds me, we have a steam cleaner somewhere.

The boot areaa always looks good when cleaned - or is that just me??

I have 2 sets of mats now, so that when I wash one set and hang them to dry I can put the other set in. Although we have a Dyson a tenant left a nearly new Henry hoover in a rental property, and it comes with a great long crevice tool (Ooohh Errr Mrs) and I find that good for the car, getting down the side of the seats etc.

I also use a spray interior upholstery cleaner - I think its a Simonize one - regularly.

On the seats I used a Dodo Juice upholstery sealer when I got my car and it's donne an excellent job so far, no marks at all.

That's good stuff you use. I have a Henry too and it's the best for car use, although this time I used the hoover function of my Vax carpet washer because it was just there for washing the carpets in the house.