Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake discs?

G4TRA

I need some new brake discs and pads on my 2014 Ford Fiesta 1.0l Ecoboost 125BHP Mk7. At 50,000 miles the discs look original vented Ford and the pads have no wear sensors.

Any suggestions what to go for or avoid. The car is the wife's shopping trolley so has a fairly easy life.

Thanks in anticipation

DSC_0218.JPG

50,000 miles out of a pair of front discs is reason enough to buy genuine Ford parts. Any extra cost will be lost over six years.

£100. 0.2 pence per mile.

£50. 0.1 pence per mile if they last as long.

Hardly worth worrying about.

• Like 1

The stock Ford pads on my ST have pagid part numbers, meaning they are Pagid brake pads rebranded with a ford logo. Check out EuroCarParts, if they have any discount codes Pagid are a good choice. Alternatively if the pads are cheap enough from a Ford dealer get them.

The current findings is that Ford Discs and pads are coming in at double that which I can get them at Eurocarparts for Eicher Premium = £70.00

Are Eicher any good or are they made of Chinese plasticine?

Ford genuine discs and pads lasts longer than any other aftermarket brand from what I have seen, lasts even longer than motorcraft, motorcraft pads produce a lot more break dust and wear out quickly

1 minute ago, Eng_Ahmad1986 said:

lasts even longer than motorcraft, motorcraft pads produce a lot more break dust and wear out quickly

Ford is Motorcraft?

3 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Ford is Motorcraft?

motorcraft is the spare parts company of Ford , but there are certain parts that are branded in both names ford genuine and motorcraft, here in Egypt for instance at ford dealer for the brake pads there are both the Ford genuine and the motorcaft part, the genuine part is more expensive, yet more durable

Genuine Ford for £85. How much are decent brakes worth to you? Try the Eicher pads from a hard fast stop. Tip: have plenty of space available. Just buy the Ford bits.

Discs won't be much different in fairness, they're just lumps of iron at the end of the day.  It's the pad compounds that make the most difference to performance and dust.

I'd avoid both Eicher (Poundland quality) and Motorcraft (cheap ***** fitted to Fords over 3 years old, not the same as the original parts) and would go for Pagid myself.

Pagid discs come painted so there's no oil to clean off them (or potentially contaminate the pads if not cleaned properly) and the pads come with a break-in coating that helps them bed in.  They often come with a new caliper-carrier bolt per side in the box too.

Thanks for all the info guys you sort of confirmed what I thought. I have ordered the Genuine Ford Front Fiesta Mk7 Mk8 Front Brake Pads & Discs 258mm Vented 1679853 from E Bay which to be honest is a reasonable price and much better than my local Ford spares counter. 

I will fit them later as there is plenty of meat on the old discs. Just an advisory on the last MOT

Cheers

Steve

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, G4TRA said:

Thanks for all the info guys you sort of confirmed what I thought. I have ordered the Genuine Ford Front Fiesta Mk7 Mk8 Front Brake Pads & Discs 258mm Vented 1679853 from E Bay which to be honest is a reasonable price and much better than my local Ford spares counter. 

I will fit them later as there is plenty of meat on the old discs. Just an advisory on the last MOT

Cheers

Steve

Sometimes buying local is the way to go.If you have a problem it is possibly easier to resolve👍

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club