Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reset BMS

Lieran

Does anyone know how to reset the battery monitoring system on a 2016 mondeo Titanium with stop start.  The car system is flashing up it needs to save power and the stop start will not operate.  Ford replaced the battery before the 3 year warranty expired.

Probably battery again. To reset BMS you can use forscan software (free and elm327 adapter ( around £17) 

On my 2015 Mondeo it's Ignition On > flash High Beams 5 times > press and release Brake Pedal 3 times > battery symbol flashes to let you know it has reset the BMS.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kyutu said:

On my 2015 Mondeo it's Ignition On > flash High Beams 5 times > press and release Brake Pedal 3 times > Battery symbol flashes to let you know it has reset the BMS.

That's a new one on me, will look into that sequence. 

Just now, iantt said:

That's a new one on me, will look into that sequence. 

I only recently found this one out myself after I had already gone down the FORscan + ELM adapter route.  Just done a battery upgrade on mine yesterday so this tip came in handy, so I can confirm it works at least for me.

• Like 1

The good thing with having the forscan is that you can check it worked. 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2020 at 2:56 PM, Lieran said:

Does anyone know how to reset the battery monitoring system on a 2016 mondeo Titanium with stop start.  The car system is flashing up it needs to save power and the stop start will not operate.  Ford replaced the battery before the 3 year warranty expired.

Lucky you.  I took my Mondeo in with the same symptoms (plus the chimes were acting wacky) and I was told the power saver message on the screen was normal, the start stop not working was normal and the chimes coming from the centre console was normal.  

I'm so glad a 12 year old apprentice did my service and checked these problems out. 😡

• 5 months later...

I'm really glad I found this forum. My UK 66 plate Mondeo 2.0TDCi Titanium displayed the  power saving/no stop-start/wierd chimes messages and symptoms. I carried out the described procedure and it seems to have reset. I'll monitor it over the next few days to see what happens.