Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drivers wiper

Gymfocused

Hi guys, I've noticed that the drivers side wiper lifts off the screen about half way up the sweep. It's leaving a good sized unswept patch in my wife's line of vision. Is this just a simple blade replacement or, something else please?

Could be the spring in the arm.

22 hours ago, Bobr said:

Could be the spring in the arm.

If a new blade doesn't fix it, then it's a new arm too?

Have you looked to see if anyone has bent the arm in a quest to stop wiper judder ?

1 hour ago, Ian Lanc said:

Have you looked to see if anyone has bent the arm in a quest to stop wiper judder ?

Ian, no i haven't, thank you for the advice! I've got two cars to maintain now lol

On 10/1/2020 at 6:58 PM, Gymfocused said:

Hi guys, I've noticed that the drivers side wiper lifts off the screen about half way up the sweep. It's leaving a good sized unswept patch in my wife's line of vision. Is this just a simple blade replacement or, something else please?

An easy thing to try first is spray a bit of WD40 or equivalent in the wiper arm spring and work it up down between 10 and 20 times. Fingers crossed it's just got a bit stiff and caused it to lift slightly 👍

• Thanks 1

It turned out to be the nut holding the arm on was loose lol. Thanks to everyone who replied, Simon.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gymfocused said:

It turned out to be the nut holding the arm on was loose lol. Thanks to everyone who replied, Simon.

No way 😂 why was it loose? Have you had a windscreen or any work carried out on your car recently?

13 hours ago, MasterTechTip said:

No way 😂 why was it loose? Have you had a windscreen or any work carried out on your car recently?

No, my wife only bought the car a few weeks ago. I'm still trying to get to the bottom of the water ingress problem though lol

1 hour ago, Gymfocused said:

No, my wife only bought the car a few weeks ago. I'm still trying to get to the bottom of the water ingress problem though lol

Water from the screen area and a loose wiper arm...  Does suggest a replacement screen! :g:

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Water from the screen area and a loose wiper arm...  Does suggest a replacement screen! :g:

Tom, would that allow water to pool more in the rear f/well then?

59 minutes ago, Gymfocused said:

Tom, would that allow water to pool more in the rear f/well then?

Depends if it's often parked facing uphill I guess?   

18 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Depends if it's often parked facing uphill I guess?   

No, not parked on a hill. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club