Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK6.5 1.4TDCI Fuel Line and Primer Pump

The_Imaginative_Lad

Hey folks,

Anyone else had an issue with the plastic moulded runners digging into fuel lines above the engine? I was wondering if anyone has a more permanent solution than heat resistant tape to help further pad the fuel line against the plastic mouldings. Pictures attached below of the problem

IMG_20201001_155243.thumb.jpg.0c787ddbccb6ab7b6f32c1a0687855c6.jpg

and wrapped for now

IMG_20201001_181328.thumb.jpg.f25653403150f7dfcf303b3cc274f046.jpg

Going to put an order in for one of these, but doesn't seem 100% identical. Could someone advise if this is the correct one for my car (2008 mk6.5 1.4 TDCI Siemens)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/183650356422

Kind Regards

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update with the whole car in general. It broke down in dramatic fashion and left me stranded on the side of the motorway awaiting recovery. Got it back home, it now decides to start and run without an issue. I'm tired of diagnosing so gonna be getting rid of it at this point unless someone has some miracle cure, been a nightmare since the first fault it threw at me and thrown a fair bit of money at it now.

For anyone interested it had a multitude of various codes;

P0089

P0091

P0238

P0101

P0103

P0113

P0191

The car had been reset the night before, at the time of the breakdown it had stored all these codes (what the aa report had on it)

Not sure why it did this. I was cruising along, passing this lorry when it went BEEEP, red light, message on display, powertrain light and engine management light all came up. Car lost power, and then eventually I had no throttle input at all and so having to pull onto the hard shoulder (thank God there was a hard shoulder)

For my safety the car is no longer being used.

Well that was an anti-climax...I was expecting pieces of engine to come shooting though the bonnet... :biggrin: 

That's got to be a wiring fault surely, did you check the large multiplug that Ben mentioned in a previous post?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Well that was an anti-climax...I was expecting pieces of engine to come shooting though the bonnet... :biggrin: 

That's got to be a wiring fault surely, did you check the large multiplug that Ben mentioned in a previous post?

Yeah I checked the multiplug last time and their was corrosion. I cleaned off the corrosion which took an hour with contact cleaner and elbow grease. I'm very confused as to why their was corrosion there but it's gone for now.

6 minutes ago, The_Imaginative_Lad said:

Yeah I checked the multiplug last time and their was corrosion. I cleaned off the corrosion which took an hour with contact cleaner and elbow grease. I'm very confused as to why their was corrosion there but it's gone for now.

Probably water/damp getting in and the plug being a little loose...which could help explain the intermittency.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Probably water/damp getting in and the plug being a little loose...which could help explain the intermittency.  

Yeah, but that's not the problem or at least I don't think it is. The engine doesn't even sound healthy anymore and the amount of smoke it belts out when cold started is awful. It's not oil, but smells like unburnt fuel. I started it this morning as I needed to go post office before they closed and turned back around 300 yards up the road with it in limp mode. It stalled out multiple times, lucky I got it back on the drive. Checking the codes, it brings up nearly all those codes from above.

• Sad 1

I really don't know what to suggest tbh. :sad:

It's possible the HP pump is worn out and genuinely not creating enough fuel pressure.  You've already changed the fuel filter iirc? 

I wouldn't expect poor low speed running, let alone stalling, from a dodgy MAF or IAT.

• Like 1

These codes are very similar to the ones I kept getting, a new (scrap yard) loom fixed my problems for £10, the FRP sensor was tricky to unplug but will obviously be different engine bay on the mk6.5

• Like 1

Hi
    couple of years ago I had similar problem, and it turned out to be the egr, long story short  it was full of water and corroded.
pull the egr plug and it started, reconnect and it stopped, left the original egr attached to the engine and plugged in a spare, engine started. removed and dismantled original, found to be full of water , and corroded this caused all sorts of Dtc's relating to other sensors on the same bus eg map maf crank cam etc.
I assume rain water got into the egr electrics via the plug, now has a coating of silcon grease,

ciao.     

• Like 1

Yeah the fuel filter was done earlier this year.

I do keep an eye out for looms but many are expensive/no promise they work as they might have the same issue being used.

The EGR valve is fine, infact also only replaced recently too. I have never tried running the engine though with it unplugged, I can only assume it'll log another code for it?

• 1 year later...

Did you find the solution to this? I have similar problems.

i was getting all kinds of codes and it was mainly due to damage on the looms, check the wires where they go over the top of the gearbox bit of a pain to try and get too but worth looking i found a LOT of bare wires within my loom. i have remade the injection section of the loom due to how bad it was and im planning on sorting the rest when i get time and im not busy trying to sort other things that need doing. current list is rear wheel bearing, EGR valve (might be ok now i've cleaned it today but think it will need changing), rear screen demister not working (button does light up i suspect wires going from car to boot lid), and bushes on rear axle are needing changing. and then there's the corroded rear brake lines but they are "ok" for now haha.