Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do I need to reprogram my own instrument cluster?

prosist

Hi everyone, my first post here.

So, I am bringing my EU Ford Fiesta to the UK and need to do some conversions, namely the KPH dial to MPH.

I found some dial converters online here, but that means that I would need to take my instrument cluster out, change the dials and put it back in.

My question is: will I need some kind of reprogramming if I unplug/plug my own instrument cluster? Do you anticipate any problem in doing that?

Thank you very much!

If its the same cluster then no programming required. Otherwise people would suddenly find their car immobilised after a battery change. It's the same principle as just unplugging the cluster.

Just make sure that on the new dial background that the kmph marks are in the same position as your current dials. Otherwise the speed won't be reading in mph correctly. So 0 must be at same spot, 110 kph at 12 o'clock, 190kph at 3 o'clock etc.

You also need to convert the odometer to mph.

2 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

If its the same cluster then no programming required. Otherwise people would suddenly find their car immobilised after a battery change. It's the same principle as just unplugging the cluster.

Just make sure that on the new dial background that the kmph marks are in the same position as your current dials. Otherwise the speed won't be reading in mph correctly. So 0 must be at same spot, 110 kph at 12 o'clock, 190kph at 3 o'clock etc.

You also need to convert the odometer to mph.

Thanks. That totally makes sense.

I have totally forgot about the odometer. Any idea if I can change the units it is displaying (Ford Fiesta mk6)?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club