Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine mounts screw torque - Mk2 1.8 TDCi

Janzup
聽Share

Hi, guys I will be replacing all 3 engine mounts (passenger side, driver side, bottom of the engine) on my Mk2 1.8 TDCi and couldn't find any screw torque numbers for this specific model. So i would really appreciate if someone could share it with me. I have marked al the screws I need torque for in the bottom pictures.

Thank you very much for your help and replies.

3.thumb.png.f977aba86535937ca335e7f1f3ddfddb.png1.thumb.png.11a78f519b2c1dae3221d7ad40b012c6.png

On 10/2/2020 at 2:53 PM, Janzup said:

Hi, guys I will be replacing all 3 engine mounts (passenger side, driver side, bottom of the engine) on my Mk2 1.8 TDCi and couldn't find any screw torque numbers for this specific model. So i would really appreciate if someone could share it with me. I have marked al the screws I need torque for in the bottom pictures.

3.thumb.png.f977aba86535937ca335e7f1f3ddfddb.png1.thumb.png.11a78f519b2c1dae3221d7ad40b012c6.png

Just do them out nice and tight (without going too crazy), I've replaced all the gearbox and engine mounts on my 1.8 TDCi Focus without any issues i.e. nothing has shaken itself loose or fallen off!聽馃榿

• Like 1

On 10/2/2020 at 3:53 PM, Janzup said:

Here's a link to the original ford workshop manual for your car:

https://workshop-manuals.com/ford/focus_2004.75_07.2004/mechanical_repairs/1_general_information/100_service_information/100-00_general_information/description_and_operation/about_this_manual/

Surely, Haynes Manual has the torque values listed as well.

• 5 months later...

Ned_Mk2_1.8tdci, thank you very very much for the workshop manual!

For anyone else trying to find torque numbers for engine mounts for 1.8 tdci mk2 Focus, here are the screen grabs from the workshop manual:

Hydraulic engine mount (ford name: engine front mount):

E64387.jpg

Upper gearbox mount (ford name: rear engine mount)

E40729.jpg

Bottom gearbox mount (ford name:聽engine support insulator)

E0001084.jpg

Havent found the picture for other screw on the bottom gearbox mount. I would use the same 48 Nm.

When I replaced my bottom gearbox mount I had to also remove the catalytic converter mount shown in the picture below (it is pain in the ***** to remove it, you need to be quite aggresive and bend the mount a bit):

E44621.jpg

I found all of these聽pictures in the subsection of workshop manual shown below:

image.thumb.png.da729d13f7c199e5c364df74317854b3.png

• Like 1

On 4/4/2021 at 7:05 PM, Janzup said:

Ned_Mk2_1.8tdci, thank you very very much for the workshop manual!

For anyone else trying to find torque numbers for engine mounts for 1.8 tdci mk2 Focus, here are the screen grabs from the workshop manual:

Hydraulic engine mount (ford name: engine front mount):

E64387.jpg

Upper gearbox mount (ford name: rear engine mount)

E40729.jpg

Bottom gearbox mount (ford name:聽engine support insulator)

E0001084.jpg

Havent found the picture for other screw on the bottom gearbox mount. I would use the same 48 Nm.

When I replaced my bottom gearbox mount I had to also remove the catalytic converter mount shown in the picture below (it is pain in the ***** to remove it, you need to be quite aggresive and bend the mount a bit):

E44621.jpg

I found all of these聽pictures in the subsection of workshop manual shown below:

image.thumb.png.da729d13f7c199e5c364df74317854b3.png

Ah yes, I remember when I replace the lower gearbox mount on mine a few years ago and the ***** cast iron bracket was a real pain the *****!

15 hours ago, FatHead1979 said:

Ah yes, I remember when I replace the lower gearbox mount on mine a few years ago and the ***** cast iron bracket was a real pain the *****!

Apparently it can be done by a bit of "gentle persuasion" according to this video haha:聽

Oh well I also replaced the part that is directly mounted to the transmission so I would have to remove the cat mount anway.聽

• Haha 1

• 2 years later...

Anyone help with original part number for the rear gearbox mount in the youtube video?聽 I've got the 1.8 Duratec Petrol but when I go on eBay for the mount, some say the 1.6 mounts don't fit the 1.8 / 2.0 and some listings state the 1.4 / 1.6 / 1.8 / 2.0 are all interchangeable.聽 It's the IB5 gearbox and petrol engine.聽 Any help, thanks in advance.

12 minutes ago, Bar72 said:

Anyone help with original part number for the rear gearbox mount in the youtube video?聽 I've got the 1.8 Duratec Petrol but when I go on ebay for the mount, some say the 1.6 mounts don't fit the 1.8 / 2.0 and some listings state the 1.4 / 1.6 / 1.8 / 2.0 are all interchangeable.聽 It's the IB5 gearbox and petrol engine.聽 Any help, thanks in advance.

I'd suggest starting a fresh post instead of hijacking a long dead thread TBH.

This thread relates to the 1.8 TDCi, which uses a different gearbox to the MK2 petrols (MTX-75 versus IB5) and as a result, may well have different mounts/brackets etc.

• Like 1

cheers Fathead1979, just reckoned to tag on rather than start afresh but OK, I'll do that ;

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club