Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another question about maps...

tomshepp

The car connects to wifi even some distance from our first floor flat, to my surprise so I have put it on auto updates to see if anything happens, ever.

What I would like to know is does anybody on here have Sync v3.0 build 19205 AND map version F9? 

I am currently on Maps 6.1 and considering using the available download files but they are for a Focus running v3.4 and I wonder if it would harm the system if I were to try.

Wi-fi updates don't work - put you vin into the sync update page 

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/

- download onto a USB stick  (if it shows update pending) stick usb it into the car and follow instructions

then come back and tell us why it didn't work

Well, they seem to work on Foci and I have tried everything else.  I have updated Sync from v2.3 to v3.0 successfully over the last week but I am unable to go further because  I have the 0MB update bug despite uploading a valid .XML file. hence my question. Can you help?

I used the Cyanlabs method on my 2018 Vignale, updated to the latest version of Sync 3.4 and the new F9 maps. Took about an hour, just carry out a master reset once it’s finished updating and you should be ok. All details you need are on the Cyanlabs website. Some on the forum are a bit wary, because it reformats the Sync drive, but so far it’s been ok for me. There are a couple of versions of Sync 3.4 to avoid, but that’s documented in the notes in the programme that you need to download.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I'm tempted but Haven't the .net framework on my old W7 machine. I have W10 at work and might try it,  I did have a look but I wasn't sure about the menu as it begins by suggesting that the current version is 3.4 and I see no reference to V3.0 so am wary but it sounds as though it is a good thing. I have no problem with the drive reformatting as long as it wakes up ok. .net 4.8 is loading as I type this so if it works, I might give it a go.

I'm tempted but Haven't the .net framework on my old W7 machine. I have W10 at work and might try it,  I did have a look but I wasn't sure about the menu as it begins by suggesting that the current version is 3.4 and I see no reference to V3.0 so am wary but it sounds as though it is a good thing. I have no problem with the drive reformatting as long as it wakes up ok.

There’s also a downgrade failsafe back to 3.3 if it doesn’t work ok. I used one of the ‘bad’ versions that although was playing from USB, after about 2 minutes the display switched to radio, did a downgrade, then updated to a ‘good’ version of 3.4.

• Like 1

My Fiesta updated itself via WiFi to 3.4 last night? Haven’t had the maps update yet though. The website kept showing me I was already up to date.

Really? It is the current wisdom that Fiestas will not update to 3.4.

Yup it did it when I connected to my hone WiFi network. I did have to prompt it to search for an update beforehand, then it found it and offered it to me. I was running 3.3 beforehand.

CA915BF8-FDE7-403F-AE11-955882545270.jpeg

Eight hours in, cyanlabs is copying the download to a USB stick... Looks like a couple of hours to go yet and then I hope it will do as it is told. I am impressed with the amount of verification done on the downloads. It really looks like it is intended to work.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

Yup it did it when I connected to my hone WiFi network. I did have to prompt it to search for an update beforehand, then it found it and offered it to me. I was running 3.3 beforehand.

CA915BF8-FDE7-403F-AE11-955882545270.jpeg

Interesting.... I scan for updates regularly but just get spinning circles, stating underneath "searching for updates" endlessly ... Have never had a WiFi download available.

Running Sync 3.3 with F8 maps.

Likewise. The third party app looks like a much better bet than waiting for Ford.

I just asked the car for updates but it told me that I had looked for updates so it has nothing for me over wifi.

Just had a look on Ford sync update with my Vin number and that tells me everything is currently up to date and no update is needed.

It will never find an update on this case.

Car is in for Health check in 3 weeks, will ask the dealer to update sync and maps again if there is an update....

9 minutes ago, tomshepp said:

Likewise. The third party app looks like a muck better bet than waiting for Ford.

Would rather keep it with Ford myself rather than rush anything. When things go wrong they tend not to want to fix things when third party apps have been used.

Obviously they must be rolling the auto updates out now if dtulip8 has downloaded vi WiFi.

I can wait...

You will probably have to. I am on maps 6.1 despite upgrading from  v2.3 to 3.0.

That Watling Street will be good when it gets finished. That will stop people from asking what the Romans ever did for us.

I think there’s some weird things going on with these updates. It seems some are getting it and not others over on the Focus forums, so perhaps similar is happening with the Fiesta?

I shall wait to find out if anybody else gets an update. But not for ever.

44 minutes ago, tomshepp said:

You will probably have to. I am on maps 6.1 despite upgrading from  v2.3 to 3.0.

That Watling Street will be good when it gets finished. That will stop people from asking what the Romans ever did for us.

What reg/year is your Fiesta? The Mrs has a 2018 plate StLx and hers doesn't have the inbuilt modem and hers if I remember was updated by the dealer last service to 3.0 but a lower version of maps.

Mine has always been 3.3 with F8 maps from new.

Sod this. Ten and a half hours of waiting for the download to finish and then it collapsed two files from the end so Cyanlabs are off the guest list. USB shows lst 05 error  and as this was the second time it has crashed, I have given up. I updated to 3.0 (2017 Ecoboost Titanium nav) but the next Ford update will not terminate before i do so it will have to go.

Can you go passed 3.0 on that year fiesta? Sure I read there was a cut off unless it was 3.2 from Ford unless I am completely mistaken.

Can you go passed 3.0 on that year fiesta? Sure I read there was a cut off unless it was 3.2 from Ford unless I am completely mistaken.

With the Cyanlabs update hack, you can go to Sync 3.4.

So, if you go to the later versions of Sync, surely this incorporates the inbuilt modem which is not present in earlier models. My understanding was 3.0 or 3.2 was the last Ford update for models without the modem. That would make it worthless trying to update a non modem car with the latest Sync wouldn't it?

Is that why 3rd party software is needed to force these updates in older models? It seems like Ford are only just starting to roll it out via WiFi updates to later models.

I may be way off the mark here... I am talking genuine Ford updates here, not using 3rd party software to force updates. It just seems like many are having issues.

So, if you go to the later versions of Sync, surely this incorporates the inbuilt modem which is not present in earlier models. My understanding was 3.0 or 3.2 was the last Ford update for models without the modem. That would make it worthless trying to update a non modem car with the latest Sync wouldn't it?
Is that why 3rd party software is needed to force these updates in older models? It seems like Ford are only just starting to roll it out via WiFi updates to later models.
I may be way off the mark here... I am talking genuine Ford updates here, not using 3rd party software to force updates. It just seems like many are having issues.

With the 3.4 update to system is much more responsive. However, I’m with you on this, it’s a shame that you have to use 3rd party software to get an update, nonetheless I’m grateful for it.

• Like 1

Just been reading reddit about the Cyan labs updates with cameras not working on Ford's after forced update, on screen buttons being back to front or not giving correct function etc etc and that was only the first page.

I think I will wait for the official release. 😆

Well, I was given more help from Cyan Labs in half an hour than Ford have given me in a week. The camera works, the phone pairs, the maps are up to date, the DAAB logos appear and the repartition to v3.4 has not bricked the Sync unit. It needs me to do a thorough check over; I haven't used the voice system or usb input yet but it is a good bit quicker and seems more able. It is also running a September 2020 version of maps F9 which was the object of the exercise.

AND IT ALL WENT IN WITHOUT ANY BOTHER AT ALL. ARE YOU READING THIS HENRY?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club