Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does any version of the 6000CD accept a line in?

StephenFord

As title, my DAB converter currently connects via FM, I'd be interested in using a 'line in'. Does any version of the old square 6000CD offer this option?

6000.thumb.jpg.0db7739620b7d54df74766d2ab71afb8.jpg

16 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

As title, my DAB converter currently connects via FM, I'd be interested in using a 'line in'. Does any version of the old square 6000CD offer this option?

6000.thumb.jpg.0db7739620b7d54df74766d2ab71afb8.jpg

is it not in the glovebox? i had a differant radio to yours but my line in was in the glove box, at the front top right corner.

6 minutes ago, billybob66 said:

is it not in the glovebox? i had a differant radio to yours but my line in was in the glove box, at the front top right corner.

I have an LX buddy, the only thing in my glove box is the handbook, and a pack of Werther's Originals LOL 🤣

• Haha 6

Try this, if you're lucky, the socket connector may already be on the harness!

If it is, sockets available via eBay. Ignore the years listed, as different years listed under the same part number:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Radio-Audio-Auxiliary-AUX-Port-Plug-2007-2014-1310208/273421551664?fits=Car+Make%3AFord&hash=item3fa931c830:g:ngMAAOSwSjpcYY7v

• Like 2

Wow, what a great tip! I never noticed before but there is a blanking plate in my glove box (though on the left, not right). Definitely a little project for me very soon - thank you! Can I assume that the line out socket is a simple 3.5mm jack? (want to order the right cable!)

1342595066_auxin.thumb.jpg.1f1ad7a95c50b050f6d76dcbbbbca954.jpg

• Like 1

I personally ran one of these directly in to the 6000 on both my 06 and my 59 when I had them, it plug in the back and you can run the wire to wherever is most convenient for yourself, no need to worry about the glove box wiring getting trapped, etc. No issues for me! (By that I mean, it kept the missus quiet!!)

Item # 291116871885

SmartSelect_20201003-225844_eBay.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the great advice guys, but, I have just discovered a major stumbling block. This is my actual 6000CD - spot the issue? All my initial research was done online - never dawned on me to walk out to my car and discover my unit doesn't even have a 'AUX' button!!🤣  I'm now on the hunt for a cheap replacement unit that does, but just hope that my car wiring harness at least has that option when I plug a 'new' unit into it.

It will, won't it??? 😬

843973656_6000CDnoaux.thumb.jpg.a0381df94b670a3038ecd21540687f37.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/2/2020 at 8:54 PM, StephenFord said:

I have an LX buddy, the only thing in my glove box is the handbook, and a pack of Werther's Originals LOL 🤣

I thought the LX manual came in PDF version as they wouldn't put the paper in to it 🙊😅

• Haha 1

On 10/3/2020 at 8:01 AM, StephenFord said:

Wow, what a great tip! I never noticed before but there is a blanking plate in my glove box (though on the left, not right). Definitely a little project for me very soon - thank you! Can I assume that the line out socket is a simple 3.5mm jack? (want to order the right cable!)

1342595066_auxin.thumb.jpg.1f1ad7a95c50b050f6d76dcbbbbca954.jpg

That's for the panneger air bag deactivation switch; which was likes door lock; had to put the key in to turn on or off the front passenger airbahs. 

The 3.5mm Aux port was on a grey metal circle in the next pocket to the left of that.

There's one in my focus it's the last original part left of the ford Audio equipment in my focus, taking it out would leave a hole. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BigLen said:

The 3.5mm Aux port was on a grey metal circle in the next pocket to the left of that.

Good save! I was wondering how you would actually plug something into that 'blanking' plate and still be able to close the glovebox shut! Found this online photo which does make much more sense!

aux-port.thumb.jpg.6d516ab82ecf699161bd3725def26a0c.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Good save! I was wondering how you would actually plug something into that 'blanking' plate and still be able to close the glovebox shut! Found this online photo which does make much more sense!

aux-port.thumb.jpg.6d516ab82ecf699161bd3725def26a0c.jpg

Yep that's it, and the cable comes out between the glovebox hinges,

When you have the glovebox open; put the cable out through the gap between the hinges at the bottom of the glovebox door, the gap is greater than the side or top when closed. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Blo~*dy typical! Took glove box out to connect my new AUX connector, and the cupboard was bare LOL I have a connector for an AirBag override, but no AUX connector, my car really is a genuine LX! So, have now ordered the AUX connector that plugs into the quadlock connector, and have a nice shiny replacement head unit with an AUX button waiting installation too - what a palava...  (Oh, anyone want to buy a genuine Ford AUX IN connector 🤣)

IMG_20201012_091317.thumb.jpg.db9d51653cf5ca0a38e6efecffa81c35.jpg

Surplus to requirements!

764226493_auxin.thumb.jpg.e341b7321d0fb069a274e2462a8aca40.jpg

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

(Oh, anyone want to buy a genuine Ford AUX IN connector 🤣)

Surplus to requirements!

764226493_auxin.thumb.jpg.e341b7321d0fb069a274e2462a8aca40.jpg

If it sells; let me know as I too have one; it's the only remaining part of the original audio system in my focus and as result I've no use for it,

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

At last - all sorted, 'new' AUX in head unit, and quadlock connector, now have crackle free DAB+ radio with MagMount!

(Oh, BigLen, sold the Aux In socket on eBay in less than an hour, got £5 for it with 'free' 88p postage LOL)

1214612434_AUXin6000CDheadunit.thumb.jpg.16e3868ebb9e2fe4d5f20924e666486e.jpg

• Like 1

Could I suggest you upgrade to the Sony head unit?
Trust me when I say the sound quality is much better.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Could I suggest you upgrade to the Sony head unit?
Trust me when I say the sound quality is much better.

That's me done buddy, sound quality hasn't interested me in 30 odd years (Though I still have my original Rega Planar 2 record deck!)LOL Just listen to TalkRadio, I'm an old man now... 😂

• Like 1

I'm 50 now but still enjoy a good quality music.
Best to make the most of my hearing while I still have it [emoji23]

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

I'm 50 now but still enjoy a good quality music.
Best to make the most of my hearing while I still have it emoji23.png

My dad owned a 'record' shop, I grew up with music, and I ended up managing a music 'megastore'! Use to love music, but it bores me now, see, I really am an old f*rt LOL

I appreciate a good audio quality.
Friends used to invite me around to set up their home cinema / surrpund sound systems as I had a good ear for audio balance and speaker positioning.
Used to have a double surround 5+1 system set up with two active subs.
All on exclusion cones, sand filled stands and even concrete patio slabs to ensure there was zero loss through floorboards and vibration.
I loved the set-up - neighbours not so much [emoji28].
Now I have a basic LG soundbar (crap) in the living room, a 5+1 media bed and 7+1 wireless headphones for when wifey is asleep.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club