Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need help with my MK6

Mast0rMason

Hello, I've recently picked up a 2004 MK6 Fiesta Silver Edition 1.4 petrol about 2 weeks ago. Everything was running smoothly until today. It's done 56000 miles too which is great but bad because everything like the clutch is probably from factory.. to get to the point. 

Today when I tried to start the car cold it jumps to 1500 odd revs but was fluctuating pretty badly between 1400 and 1500 til around 1100 1200 then slowed down and didnt jump as much. Once it was fully warmed up it idled around 750 or 800. But is it normal for the rev needle to flick a bit? Like literally 40 or 50 revs. I never noticed it do this and I have a very keen eye. But it is very minimal, but noticable if you stare at it. 

My steering wheel isn't straight but it doesnt pull to the left or right, upon 55mph or more the steering wheel shakes a lot, would this be tracking or wheel balancing?

Here is a video of when it was sort of warm and the revs around 1150 few hours later and it still flickers. 

http://imgur.com/a/4CURyO8

Also apparently I have auto wipers and auto lights, how do I turn them on? Only auto wiper I got is if my wipers on and go in reverse it wipes the rear and my head unit switches my phone to dark mode when I turn my lights on which my corsa never did, could be a wiring adapter thing though.

Are you sure it has auto lights and wipers? 2004 seems rather early for that sort of tech. The facelift mk6 has the option for them, but I'm pretty certain the pfl doesn't have them at all (unless they've been retrofitted).

If you do have them, you should have a symbol for auto on the headlight switch (the order is; off, sidelights, dipped beam then AUTO).

7 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

Are you sure it has auto lights and wipers? 2004 seems rather early for that sort of tech. The facelift mk6 has the option for them, but I'm pretty certain the pfl doesn't have them at all (unless they've been retrofitted).

If you do have them, you should have a symbol for auto on the headlight switch (the order is; off, sidelights, dipped beam then AUTO).

Ah no I dont I guess i read the wrong model lol. Didnt the 2004 bmw e90 have them though so I'm sure the tech was about. 

Do you have any suggestions for the idling revs?

I suppose, but the BMW would've cost twice as much.

At a guess it could be a MAP sensor issue. Maybe try giving it a clean. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

I suppose, but the BMW would've cost twice as much.

At a guess it could be a MAP sensor issue. Maybe try giving it a clean. 

Thank you I'll give it a try. Are the revs supposed to be dead on a number so the needle doesnt move at all then?

On paper, yes it shouldn't move, in reality there's loads of factors I can't be bothered to explain that cause a slight variation in revs.

The video you posted looks perfectly normal. The revs should calm to that 800 mark after a couple minutes or so. It shouldn't really be bouncing from 1400-1500 on startup for a long time though.

27 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

On paper, yes it shouldn't move, in reality there's loads of factors I can't be bothered to explain that cause a slight variation in revs.

The video you posted looks perfectly normal. The revs should calm to that 800 mark after a couple minutes or so. It shouldn't really be bouncing from 1400-1500 on startup for a long time though.

Ah it isnt long it goes down as it warms up I just didnt think it was normal to bounce that much.

Thank you my dude!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club