Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuse box - 2009 Ford Fiesta (petrol)

Tooky

So long story short, looking to hook my dash-cam into the passenger fuse box.

however would like it linked up to a fuse that only gets power upon starting or unlocking the vehicle.

I was originally going to connect a piggy back fuse to the radio, unless I am doing something wrong this is always powered even when the car is locked.

I would like it connected to a fuse so I wouldn’t need to worry about the car if it popped.

if anyone can let me know which fuse to attach the piggy back to, would be greatly appreciated 

thanks 

This question gets asked all the time now 😕. Anyway rear wiper is a common one and is 100% an ignition live fuse.

Yes you would be a complete idiot installing anything in your car without a fuse first lol.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luke4efc said:

This question gets asked all the time now 😕. Anyway rear wiper is a common one and is 100% an ignition live fuse.

Yes you would be a complete idiot installing anything in your car without a fuse first lol.

Haha, you my guy are a legend... just got it up and running via the rear wipers...

had issues undoing a bolt to ground the black wire, ended up using all my man strength plus more to sort it out...

can I try an puzzle your brain a bit further more? 

want to install the reverse camera to the reverse light, after doing some research it appears that some cars get a warning light on the dashboard when interfering with the wires... will this be an issue with my car?

again thanks In advance 

18 minutes ago, Tooky said:

want to install the reverse camera to the reverse light, after doing some research it appears that some cars get a warning light on the dashboard when interfering with the wires... will this be an issue with my car?

I've installed a couple of aftermarket cameras for Android head units on various cars and never had any warning lights on the dash. I could only guess it's a canbus error because it thinks the light is suddenly drawing more current. Seems like something a sensitive german car would do than an old Ford lol.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club