Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EU headlamps

sussamb

Bit of a long shot but moving to France in November so looking for a pair of used EU headlamps for my 2013 Ford Focus.  Would swap for UK ones or buy outright.

some cars can be tweaked to swap from the pavement illumination to a flat beam

do they definitely have a different part number when they drive on the wrong side of the road?

Thanks both, mine can't be switched so I need EU headlights. As for eurolites they are ok temporarily but I'm moving permanently so would prefer the correct headlamps.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sussamb said:

Thanks both, mine can't be switched so I need EU headlights. As for eurolites they are ok temporarily but I'm moving permanently so would prefer the correct headlamps.

Wouldn't it be safer to sell the Focus and buy a LHD car over there?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Wouldn't it be safer to sell the Focus and buy a LHD car over there?

Yes, I wondered that, particularly if you're not coming back. Then les flics won't be able to pick on you as un rosbif !😃

• Like 3

A very expensive option though. Driving RHD cars in Europe is relatively simple.

On 10/3/2020 at 12:59 PM, sussamb said:

Bit of a long shot but moving to France in November so looking for a pair of used EU headlamps for my 2013 Ford Focus.  Would swap for UK ones or buy outright.

Look on eBay lots on there

Been driving my UK Focus on the wrong side of the road full time for the past 10 years and the only inconvenience is when pulling out to overtake and for paying tolls on the motorway.  I never bothered with changing the lights and the only time I have been flashed by oncoming traffic is when heavily loaded and the front is pointing upwards.  I know lots of people get their LHD headlight units from Germany as cheaper and more choice so you could look at eBay.de or similar.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, missed this reply. How do you get it through the equivalent of the MOT if you haven't done something about the lights?

• 1 month later...

most garages don't know what they are doing and don't really care about a "road worthyness test", the UK MOT is mostly pointless, a 15 minute test drive would pick up far more issues.

without driving a few bits are a good idea, where the driver is very silly and lazy but most should be at worst a weekly check - they don't even check the tyre pressures for instance !

but, checking all the lights all turn on, the tyres are round black and have tread, there's a fuel cap (to reduce motorcyclist deaths), and the screen wipers and washers function is a good idea.

as for the headlight beam pattern not being changed, suprised anyone aboard hasn't been had up by the frogs (wait till tottaly out of the euro zone and watch the fines roll in), however a bit of electrical tape will alow it to meet the stds.  So total replacement can be worked around.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club