FiestaForever

Tuning 1.25 16v fiesta engines

I was looking for some advice on how to get more out of my engine without having to get a new one. We inherited our grandfathers car, which was a low mileage mk6 ford fiesta with box standard everything and I was looking at option to upgrade the HP. I have scoured online tuning sites and looked into a plethora of different things and now I need help to decide how to progress with this to fully upgrade the bhp to get as much out of the stock engine as possible.

I really do not want to buy another car and don't want to throw another engine in it as I want to keep the low mileage engine plus it is part of the inheritance that reminds me of my late grandfather. I would like some help with fuel delivery systems, remaps, turbos/superchargers, any aftermarket performance engine parts. I had also checked out other mods that give small rises in power like cam kits, superchips, high flow induction kits, exhausts.

I see that ford used many engine parts in different bhp models of the fiesta, a 1.6 with 100bhp has the same injectors and fuel rail for instance so I was wandering if an ST fuel rail and injectors along with upgraded fuel pressure pumps, regulators would help bump up the bhp in a 1.25 16v engine and would they fit. The object of the game is not to have a unique 2000bhp monster(which could never happen anyway) but to just get a fair amount of boost out of the engines capacity. I see some premium electronic superchargers have a good amount of extra added boost and the problem with those is the fact that the decent ones will run on 48v and not 12v which would mean I would have to add 48v batteries and include a dc to dc 12v - 48v convertor. Would a conventional supercharger/turbo be able to be fitted to a stock 1.25 16v engine? Is there any sources for uprated throttle bodies that are being sold, could an st one be fitted to this engine? I can't seem to find a great deal of performance parts other than cams, induction kits etc for the 1.25 16v. Of course none of these upgrades would be efficient or even workable without a good engine system/ecu remap. 

Any and all performance parts are considered if it adds extra torque/bhp, power. Anyone have some good ideas?

https://www.aeristech.co.uk/aeristech_products/5kw-esupercharger/

If you wanted it to remain a low mileage minter, you wouldn't be after putting more power through it lol. I'd like to hear the outcome of this though. Not many people actually go through with the idea on spending more than double the value of the car slapping a turbo/supercharger on it (that's the only way you're going to break 100hp with that engine).

Hello Luke, thanks for the input. I saw some turbos under £200. But what other things needed to be done escaped me, I am no mechanic and probably need to speak to someone with the technical knowledge.

Its funny what people spend on their cars even when they know that the cars upgrades will in most likelihood cost more than what the car costed/ is worth but isn’t it the passion to create something new that is the whole point of tuning?