Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil life reset

SMK7

Hi guys, I bought a MK4 focus a few months back & I downloaded the FordPass app. I noticed after a month the oil Life indicator on the app was at 15% so I arranged a service at a Ford dealer. However despite this the app still stayed at the same value and has been decreasing. Then today on the car dash itself the warning came up to change oil soon.. advice needed. Thanks

Did the dealer actually change the oil?  If they did then just reset the timer, or get them to do it.

The oil Life indicator is also on the Instrument Cluster display and on my petrol car I can reset it from there under the Settings menu, but I'm sure that  a software update removed it for Diesel cars.

It would be best to get your dealer to reset it and apply the software update because if you do it yourself it will be logged and could lead to Warranty problems if there is no proof of an oil change.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club