Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Fiesta Kangerooing?!?

calmcdermott

Hi all as you know, I have had my new Fiesta since january, only recently on the cold mornings the car has being violently kangerooing (only when the engine is completely cold) I can press the accelorator completely down and nothing will happen, it will do it until i stop and start going again, only seems to happen when im going uphill, any ideas????

Is the clutch slipping? Clutch slipping is easy to tell when going at full power up a hill. Revs go sky high, but getting nowhere. You may have a dodgy clutch if thats the case

Sounds like a dodgy fuel pump from the description - uphill and not much fuel ... ? Used to do that with my ST170 and it was awful! Yet if you ease the gas, it's less of a problem. It only happened to me when I floored it around a roundabout (no surprises that my fuel was less than half a tank and slinging the car meant fuel was pulled away from the pump).

The cylinder is expecting fuel, and gets none basically. Judder and bounce!

My Dads focus tdci did this, took Ford an age to find fault and fix it.

Take it in and get it checked, and I hope you get it sorted :)

yeh under warranty so take it back, wifes old fiesta did similar (albeit all the time), hers was a faulty coilpack

Happens to me when im going uphill in 2nd gear at about 20mph. The revs fall to below 1000 and nothing happens unless I go back into first. I thought nothing of it and put it down to a lack of low end torque but no other car I've driven does it.

Is the clutch slipping? Clutch slipping is easy to tell when going at full power up a hill. Revs go sky high, but getting nowhere. You may have a dodgy clutch if thats the case

No i dint think the clutch is slipping as the revs dont go high, they stay really low, so dont think its that.....

Sounds like a dodgy fuel pump from the description - uphill and not much fuel ... ? Used to do that with my ST170 and it was awful! Yet if you ease the gas, it's less of a problem. It only happened to me when I floored it around a roundabout (no surprises that my fuel was less than half a tank and slinging the car meant fuel was pulled away from the pump).

The cylinder is expecting fuel, and gets none basically. Judder and bounce!

Nope got a full tank of fuel.

Will do, i think itl wait till after the meet.

yeh under warranty so take it back, wifes old fiesta did similar (albeit all the time), hers was a faulty coilpack

Itl b just my luck tbh.

Happens to me when im going uphill in 2nd gear at about 20mph. The revs fall to below 1000 and nothing happens unless I go back into first. I thought nothing of it and put it down to a lack of low end torque but no other car I've driven does it.

Yea mine does it as well if i set off in 2nd but now does it in 1st again only when i irst set off, when the engine warms it dont do it.....

Hi all as you know, I have had my new Fiesta since january, only recently on the cold mornings the car has being violently kangerooing (only when the engine is completely cold) I can press the accelorator completely down and nothing will happen, it will do it until i stop and start going again, only seems to happen when im going uphill, any ideas????

I think mine does the same thing as yours mate. I start the car first thing on a morning, select first gear, set off then the car seems to loose all power for a second (its as if it's stalled, but it hasn't) then the power will kick back in and the car will launch forward. It'll only do this the first time I set off on a morning, never again throughout the day. Sound similar? Havn't bothered taking it in to ford yet.

I think mine does the same thing as yours mate. I start the car first thing on a morning, select first gear, set off then the car seems to loose all power for a second (its as if it's stalled, but it hasn't) then the power will kick back in and the car will launch forward. It'll only do this the first time I set off on a morning, never again throughout the day. Sound similar? Havn't bothered taking it in to ford yet.

Yea sounds the same as mine, I can stand it....... dont know what 2 do coz if i take it in they might keep it in for ages and im off 2 the meet

Mine did the same, but only once - it was the first time I pulled away having started the engine in very cold weather. It did panic me a bit at the time but that was about four months ago and 'touch wood' it hasnt happened since.