Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery Date

TheBoss1511

Hi All. This has probably been asked already. Does anyone know how to date a Ford battery, as I can't find one? Thanks in advance.

20201004_171559.thumb.jpg.38d269ca3d35eadac75ae39aaa79a958.jpg

I can't see a date code I recognise. If it's from the 2013 Fiesta listed in your profile, it's probably the one it had when it left the factory. Not many people replace their batteries with genuine Ford once the original is knackered.

Luke4efc, Didn't know that. The car has been maintained by ford from day one. I didn't know if it would be the original. Thanks.

Looks like there's a lot of dirt around on that battery so it can't be very new (at least a year old). I doubt it would've had a battery change in the 5-6 years prior so is most likely the original.

The date code is etched into the plastic casing, it's not on the sticker.

As Tom says, most batteries carry the manufacture date 'branded' into the case, usually on the top outer rim/lip. There is often a 'date first charged' sticky label on the side of the battery with a grid, months across the top, year down the side and the corresponding square marked, usually by the middle of it being picked out.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club