Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Opinions 07 focus

Cursedcarguy

Hi everyone, so as the name suggests I'm cursed with cars, if you  take into account what I've paid for cars and what I spent keeping them on the road vs what I sold them for I'm in negative equity 21k in 10 years...So I now have severe anxiety about what to buy next.

I've seen a focus 1.8 zetec 07 plate, 1 owner 100k for £1300. you think that sounds like a safe bet? last mot shows worn bush/pins on both sides of front suspension but nothing else. I've got a van supplied by work but cant use out of hours so it really just for running about and maybe a 2hr drive to the coast once a month. Whats opinions that?

The 1.8TDCi is the only real diesel ford the rest are Citroen Peugeot engines,

The 1.8tdci also has no dpf 

The only engine issue casting asside the common MK2 focus issues is leaking injector seals; so check for signs of fresh diesel and oil on top of the engine although you would smell it. 

I should add, it's a petrol, but good to know as I had a bmw before thhat had dpf and know the cost!

• Like 1

You're not in negative equity. Your cars cost £2k a year to run. The empirical formula is £100/1000m lost in either repairs or depreciation. Get 13000 miles out of it and it owes you nothing if it costs you nothing. If it is sound then that will not be a problem. Fair car, fair price.

2000 a year is 166 a month.  You could lease/PCP brand new for that if you had a few grand deposit.

A 13 year old car with over 100k miles will need maintenance and repairs regardless of the make or model. 

You're already looking at a pair of wishbones, tracking and probably a pair of tyres in the near future.  £250 just there...  

Overall the MK2.5 Focus is pretty solid but it won't be faultless.  The 1.8 petrol is well know for ruining piston rings and burning oil as they age, so definitely check that if you do go for it.

6 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

2000 a year is 166 a month.  You could lease/PCP brand new for that if you had a few grand deposit.

I could PCP a fiesta Titanium for £187 deposit and £187 a month

• Like 1

17 hours ago, iantt said:

I could PCP a fiesta Titanium for £187 deposit and £187 a month

Exactly, especially with low annual mileage.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club