Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync3

Just had the software update via WIFI without my knowledge as the screen layout had changed and then found all satnav favourites had disappeared.

Have others found this problem and any ideas if I can get them back?

Lucky you. Most of us dream of Ford giving us an update! (My Fiesta was on 6.1 until crowbarred with unofficial software.) You will need to renew your favourites but should get better functionality and some up to date maps.

Btw I see from your profile that you have an All Mew Focus. That's the one with the cat?

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, tomshepp said:

Lucky you. Most of us dream of Ford giving us an update! (My Fiesta was on 6.1 until crowbarred with unofficial software.) You will need to renew your favourites but should get better functionality and some up to date maps.

Btw I see from your profile that you have an All Mew Focus. That's the one with the cat?

😂😂😂😂😂😂🐱

13 hours ago, billc said:

Just had the software update via WIFI without my knowledge as the screen layout had changed and then found all satnav favourites had disappeared.

Have others found this problem and any ideas if I can get them back?

I lost all favourites and previous destinations. You just have to start again.

3 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

I lost all favourites and previous destinations. You just have to start again.

Worth the effort for a much improved system I think.

Interesting ... my system updated via Wifi and I have not lost one of my Favourites ... thank goodness!

8 hours ago, Linds said:

Interesting ... my system updated via Wifi and I have not lost one of my Favourites ... thank goodness!

I think its likely that you were already on 3.4.xxxxx  sync3 (given the year of your car) & you've upgraded to 3.4.20136

I lost Nav Favourites upgrading from 3.3 to 3.4 (but i've just downgraded from the Beta version of 3.4 I was on to Fords official 3.4 release & nav favourites were preserved)

3 hours ago, StewartHarris said:

I think its likely that you were already on 3.4.xxxxx  sync3 (given the year of your car) & you've upgraded to 3.4.20136

I lost Nav Favourites upgrading from 3.3 to 3.4 (but i've just downgraded from the Beta version of 3.4 I was on to Fords official 3.4 release & nav favourites were preserved)

I'm sure, on reflection, you are right ... sorry, I did not mean to mislead ... I have a hefty list of favourites and when I read this thread I immediately checked whether I had lost them ... my post was influenced by an overwhelming sense of relief!!

It's all so ruddy complicated, isn't it?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, StewartHarris said:

Any reason for downgrading? I’m on 20196 and I’m considering doing the same as I’m still being offered the map update even though my maps are up to date and the confirmation xml was successfully uploaded.

11 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

Any reason for downgrading? I’m on 20196 and I’m considering doing the same as I’m still being offered the map update even though my maps are up to date and the confirmation xml was successfully uploaded.

You're lucky then 😀

• Like 1

Downgrade from 3.4.20196 to official 3.4.20136 completed successfully. I didn’t touch maps. 
New confirmation xml generated and uploaded. Ford website now says “Your software is already up-to-date. No action is required.”
I’ll probably install 20196 again because the I like the audio screen layout much better than 20136.

36 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

Downgrade from 3.4.20196 to official 3.4.20136 completed successfully. I didn’t touch maps. 
New confirmation xml generated and uploaded. Ford website now says “Your software is already up-to-date. No action is required.”
I’ll probably install 20196 again because the I like the audio screen layout much better than 20136.

Dont suppose you have a photo of the difference in screen layouts? Didn't realise there was one, im on fords 20136 so will be waiting on their release for 20196

16 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

@colinmcg71 Yes that's what I see now & no platitude about you'll be pleased to know your maps are up to date.

My reasons for downgrading were

a) I kept getting offered a downgrade from the ford site (I'd uploaded my 20196 & map xml, without going through a 20136 stage). I didn't want an automatic/uncontrolled downgrade if I enabled updates over WIFI & wondered what I might miss in the future if updates over WIFI wasn't enabled.

b) the main reason was problems with voice pausing (which I'd mentioned in another thread). Voice stops & restarts eg asking for help, did something similar on a run with navigation on. I'd reinstalled system voice on 20196 - but it didn't make any difference, likewise performing a master reset didn't help. Speculation that there was a lack of CPU to process the voice in a timely fashion - but what had caused that ?

c) Problem with some form of 'corruption' (or was it because its Beta software)  - which spoke file names, eg of sounds .  'voice command instructions' was the worst culprit.

I downgraded Sync, system voice & logos & like you left the maps untouched.

On 20136

aa) Ford update site seems happy & autoupdate says I'm up to date (I generated & uploaded an xml)

bb) I still have a little bit of voice pausing  on help - but I haven't had the car on for very long - so there maybe some tidying up to do.

cc) I haven't heard filenames - but I haven't done an extensive test

dd) The AF logos from 20196 are different to the AE on 20136 - the latter seem more similar to those from 3.319052. I'm missing some logos I had before - I'm not bothered & they may come back ! Maybe they've made the logos square rather than rectangular on 20196 to better fit with the new layout - or maybe I only listen to square stations ;-o

ee) The jump double track bug on 20196 isn't present - just an observation.

Like you I prefer the audio format & additional info that is displayed on 20196. I've seen somewhere (am across too many forums) - that maybe a further update may be coming along soon. What would the Ford update site do if I reinstalled/upgraded to 20196 - would it want to downgrade if autoupdates over WIFI was on ?

If the voice pausing problems persist - I'll go down the reformat route...

I'm thinking that the Forum could do with a moderated FAQ (read only to the masses) - where known problems are summarised & common problems/mistakes with solutions are itemised

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, FezMan said:

Dont suppose you have a photo of the difference in screen layouts? Didn't realise there was one, im on fords 20136 so will be waiting on their release for 20196

Don't hold your breath waiting. Going by their track record so far it'll probably be in a couple of years time

10 minutes ago, FezMan said:

If you go on to cyanlabs website - look in community & there is a (long !) thread for Sync 3.4.20196 -Feedback and Issues. At the start of that someone has posted examples of the Audio screen output

17 minutes ago, FezMan said:

Not the best quality but you can see the difference. Logo/album art on right, info on left. Larger blurred album art/ station logo underneath.

B8212B34-E820-48CF-8B0A-DD3CCF167CBE.jpeg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

Not the best quality but you can see the difference. Logo/album art on right, info on left. Larger blurred album art/ station logo underneath.

B8212B34-E820-48CF-8B0A-DD3CCF167CBE.jpeg

Ah you're right, much nicer! Makes you wonder how they got away with that awful sky blue on 3.0 for so long..

Also where is Kerrang Radio? Ive searched everywhere and can't get it 😞 Have a feeling im out of range, which is annoying with it being DAB..

1 hour ago, FezMan said:

Ah you're right, much nicer! Makes you wonder how they got away with that awful sky blue on 3.0 for so long..

Also where is Kerrang Radio? Ive searched everywhere and can't get it 😞 Have a feeling im out of range, which is annoying with it being DAB..

Yeah, could be that you’re out of range for Kerrang! which is annoying. It shows up on my local ensemble Tayside.

C54CDB71-7CD7-4318-886B-9A63AFBEB44F.jpeg

On 10/6/2020 at 5:00 PM, StewartHarris said:

If the voice pausing problems persist - I'll go down the reformat route...

@colinmcg71 For info - Using cyanlabs syn3updater, I've performed a downgrade/reformat/install to 3.4.20196 with F9 (new) maps & that seems to have cured to voice break up/pausing.

• Thanks 1

@StewartHarris That sounds good.  I think I’ll give the reformat process a go as well. Thanks for letting me know.

28 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

@StewartHarris That sounds good.  I think I’ll give the reformat process a go as well. Thanks for letting me know.

@colinmcg71For info - for me the whole process from inserting the stick to completeness & ready to set back up took about an hour.  I did a master reset before inserting the stick  & master reset when the process was complete. I got slightly caught out early on in the process (after downgrade to 3.3.19052, I think) by answering a prompt about resetting up Ford Connect as 'Ask me Later' (Perhaps I should have said no or just ignored the prompt). It took 7-8 hours before a pending activation on Ford Pass timed out & I was able to relink Ford Pass to the car. Creating the stick via syn3updater was a lengthy process for me as I didn't have many of the required files on my laptop from previous experiments - but it was straightforward.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club