Do Not Sell My Personal Information

traction control light comes on around corners

gloves

Hi, is it normal for the traction control light to flash on when pushing the mk2.5 ford focus?

No. Sounds like you're treating it like a little sports car or tyres are bald lol.

As mentioned, you're going too fast or your tyres are shot or the steering geometry is out and the vehicle is constantly sensing that it's sliding. 

I think it was just the weather conditions + speed as I have new tyres and it was aligned also.

2 hours ago, gloves said:

I think it was just the weather conditions + speed as I have new tyres and it was aligned also.

Then slow down

8 minutes ago, pragmatix said:

Then slow down

2 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

As mentioned, you're going too fast or your tyres are shot or the steering geometry is out and the vehicle is constantly sensing that it's sliding. 

4 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

No. Sounds like you're treating it like a little sports car or tyres are bald lol.

Not too sure now, on my commute this morning I was coming off a roundabout to get on the dual carriage way and as I was moving through the gears (yes quickly and at speed) It came on. Road was damp but it wasn't raining, I just don't know if that's normal.. 

'yes quickly and at speed' .....................maybe a clue??

Budget tyres?

The Mk2.5 Focus traction control is very sensitive...booting off of a dual carriageway roundabout with the wheels turned it's not usual to trigger it, but if it's happening on a damp straight you're probably accelerating too hard for the conditions.

3 hours ago, Andyr55 said:

'yes quickly and at speed' .....................maybe a clue??

It may seem obvious to you but I've not had a 'modern' car before. I don't know what's normal it's why I am asking. 

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Budget tyres?

The Mk2.5 Focus traction control is very sensitive...booting off of a dual carriageway roundabout with the wheels turned it's not usual to trigger it, but if it's happening on a damp straight you're probably accelerating too hard for the conditions.

Ok, that sounds fine then, good to know its sensitive and there is not something wrong. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club