Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stolen Fiesta

Bobr

23 minutes ago, runamonk said:

Bob, what color are you thinking for the new Vignale?

If I have a new one Ron, it will be white.   Just been speaking to the Ford man.   He has offered me a choice of three 2nd hand ones.   On is off white with 186 miles on the clock, one is dark red with 368 miles and the other in white with 1500 miles.   I'm considering the off white one but I'm not doing anything until the money is in the bank.

Heard from the insurance assessor again and he asked me to keep the keys and the log book just incase the car is recovered after they pay me out.   Obviously the car will then belong to them and they'll need them

Damn skippy. What a hassle, at least it sounds like things are going smoothly as they can for you right now. 😕

• Like 1

Choose the rarest colour. Makes it less likely to get pinched. Any reason for not sending the insurance company keys and log book on payout?

59 minutes ago, tomshepp said:

Choose the rarest colour. Makes it less likely to get pinched. Any reason for not sending the insurance company keys and log book on payout?

He said he'd ask for them if he needed them.   They can sit in a drawer for now.   The dark red is actually called Ruby Red and I rather like the look of that.

Ruby red is lovely, there's a used Vignale near me in Ruby with about 8k miles...but it's up for £15k! :unsure:

3 hours ago, Bobr said:

Just had some very good news.   Spoke to the insurance assessor who offered my £10,800 which I was happy to accept.   The new car will now definitely be a Fiesta Vignale.

Very good pay out this. 

Can I ask if you know if this is due to you having GAP cover? And if you know how much you will have got if you didn't have it?

Im considering buying it, I have a quote of about £150 for 2 years worth which seems a bargain for how much more you would get if a situation like this unfortunately happens. I think I have 100 days from when I purchased the car to take it out.

I've absolutely no idea Ben, it was such a good offer I never thought to ask.   It's only £200 less than I paid for the car a year ago.   I think GAP cover is a good idea just in case you don't get such a good doffer.   I'll certainly be having it on the new car.   Incidentally, you don't have to buy it from the dealer as there are plenty of insurance firms selling it and it's usually for three years.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your troubles Bob.

Hope you get everything sorted as quickly as possible.

We had 4 cars reported stolen in my Village last week, all went on the same night. 2 BMW's, an Audi and a Fiesta ST.

Prompted me to get a Disklok security device for mine.

Had my alarm go off a few weeks back at about 4am. I didn't hear it (sound asleep)  but my neighbour did, said she looked out but couldn't see anything.

No damage to car so maybe a false alarm.

Curiously my Fordpass App told me about it 6 hours after the event which seems pretty useless 😞

1 hour ago, Blatto said:

Sorry to hear about your troubles Bob.

Hope you get everything sorted as quickly as possible.

We had 4 cars reported stolen in my Village last week, all went on the same night. 2 BMW's, an Audi and a Fiesta ST.

Prompted me to get a Disklok security device for mine.

Had my alarm go off a few weeks back at about 4am. I didn't hear it (sound asleep)  but my neighbour did, said she looked out but couldn't see anything.

No damage to car so maybe a false alarm.

Curiously my Fordpass App told me about it 6 hours after the event which seems pretty useless 😞

Thanks Michael.   The insurance assessor said that there's a huge number of cars being stolen at the moment and there's not much doubt that it's professional gangs stealing to order.   Mine will be automatic which requires you to press down on the brake pedal to start it so I'm getting a device that locks the brake pedal to the steering wheel and prevents it being pressed down and also prevents the wheel being turned.   Apart from that spare keys will be in a box that acts as a Faraday Cage and keys in use will be in little purses that have the same effect.

EDIT   Just thought of a problem with that device.   The steering column would have to be down as far as it would go otherwise if it was lowered you might be able to start the car anyway. Be no good for me as I'm 6'2" and have to have the column fairly high to get into the car.

1 hour ago, Bobr said:

Just thought of a problem with that device.   The steering column would have to be down as far as it would go otherwise if it was lowered you might be able to start the car anyway.

Never thought of that, up until I got the disklok I was using my fathers old 1970's Krooklok device which I connected to the clutch pedal as you need to press the clutch to start my car.

Was probably wasting my time 🙂

Wasn't that sturdy anyway, just thought it might be a deterrent or at least take them a few minutes extra to bypass it giving someone more time to spot them.

I'm going to need to buy a new dashcam for the new car.   Can I have your recommendations please.

Thanks Ron, I'll have a look at those.   Have decided to invest in this device:

Untitled-1.jpg

What's it called? Have you checked youtube to see if anyone has posted any bypass videos or anything?

It's Choicit Anti Theft Steering Wheel Lock Car Vehicle Top Mount Security Airbag + 3 Keys UK on amazon

Can't see it on Youtube Ron

1 hour ago, Bobr said:

I'm going to need to buy a new dashcam for the new car.   Can I have your recommendations please.

I have this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nextbase-222x-Front-Recording-Camera/dp/B082FFXS3W/ref=sr_1_3?crid=235RWM1HIIKYB&dchild=1&keywords=nextbase+222x+front+and+rear+dash+cam+bundle&qid=1602238968&sprefix=nextvas%2Caps%2C164&sr=8-3

Had it for a few months now and I am very impressed.

2 hours ago, Bobr said:

I had mine dealer fitted - not the cheapest but neatly installed:

image.thumb.png.acb50fbe6504bcd89a0c6b7450e785e6.png

This Product comes fully fitted by professional Ford technicians.
That means no wires and no worries about breakages!

Recorded files can be viewed on any smartphone or pc. This package includes an 16GB micro SD which can be upgraded to the largest size.

We supply and fit

F100 HD Dash Cams

Front only: £189

Front & Rear: £265

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Matthew McGuinness said:

Thanks Matthew.   My last one was a Nextbase and I was impressed with that but bought it a few years ago so I think all makes will have improved.   I'll look at that one though.

• Like 1

I've decided on the Nextbase 322GW complete with the rear view attachment.   One reason for my decision is that my insurance company are offering me a 25% discount if I have this one.

Thanks to everyone who made recommendations.

• Like 2

Well, believe it or not, I can't buy the Vignale I wanted as I'm too old.   Extremely annoyed.   Anyway, I just bought a 2017 Ford Fiesta Titanium X automatic with 4600 miles on the clock. Looks virtually new.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Bobr said:

Well, believe it or not, I can't buy the Vignale I wanted as I'm too old.   Extremely annoyed.   Anyway, I just bought a 2017 Ford Fiesta Titanium X automatic with 4600 miles on the clock. Looks virtually new.

Too old to buy an Automatic Vignale?  :unsure:   

I guess it's the insurance that stopped it?  Seems odd though, the only difference between that and a TitX to the insurers would be a slightly higher purchase cost?

Glad you've got another anyway.  What colour is it? :smile: 

14 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

What colour is it? :smile: 

It's metallic grey Tom.   It's virtually the same as my old car but with a few extra such as heated seats, rear view camera and other X goodies.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club