Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stolen Fiesta

Bobr

6 minutes ago, Bobr said:

It's metallic grey Tom.  It's virtually the same as my old car but with a few extra such as heated seats, rear view camera and other X goodies.

Nice!  I do like grey cars, I think that'll be Magnetic grey. 

They hide dust and pollen better than either white or black as an added bonus.

Edit - Ah, so it's another Mk7 rather than a Mk8?  That makes more sense regarding the insurance cost if so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobr said:

This is the actual car.

car.jpg

Yep, that's Magnetic!  Looks great! 

Just seen this thread Bob, sorry to hear about your car, hope you find a suitable new replacement soon.

I have the keyless version, but keep my keys in one of those pouches, which I understand protect it from being read....at least I hope it does.

1 hour ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

Just seen this thread Bob, sorry to hear about your car, hope you find a suitable new replacement soon.

I have the keyless version, but keep my keys in one of those pouches, which I understand protect it from being read....at least I hope it does.

Thanks Steve.   I've bought two of those pouches, one for me and one for my wife.   We've tested them on my wifes car which i keyless entry and, with the key in the pouch, it won't let her in the car.

3 hours ago, Bobr said:

This is the actual car.

car.jpg

congratulations Bob for your new purchase 💥💥 looks almost new 👌 , I 'm really happy to you man 🙂 I hope God keep it for you always new like that 🙂

and by the way, you are still young, don't listen to them 🙂 congratulations again 🙂 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bobr said:

This is the actual car.

car.jpg

Nice colour, sometimes i wish i had them wheels on my car as maybe smoother ride , instead of the 17s i have on.

4 hours ago, Bobr said:

Well, believe it or not, I can't buy the Vignale I wanted as I'm too old.  

What was the story about age/insurance, Bob, if you don't mind my asking?

It rang a bell, as I remembered when I collected my car, the salesman was telling me about another customer who was in her 70's I think. She'd bought a 140 similar to mine, but had left it to the last minute to activate the insurance, so she actually rang from the dealership. Anyway, the insurer wouldn't have it and said they'd only cover her for a 100 or 125. After a frantic ring round she did find someone who would cover her. Seemed a bit weird to me, we're hardly talking racing cars and I have friends in their 70's who have a Subaru WRX, a Nissan GTR and a Merc E63 AMG which are all a bit more potent than a Fiesta and I'm not aware of them having cover problems.

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

What was the story about age/insurance, Bob, if you don't mind my asking?

I wanted it on the scheme where you pay a deposit then so much a month for 4 years then a lump sum to buy it at the end of the period.   Wasn't allowed to buy it on that system due to my age.   Looked at finance but it was way too expensive.   No problem with this one.   Everything is in place and I'm picking it up next week.   Be a relief to have wheels again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ian318 said:

Nice colour, sometimes i wish i had them wheels on my car as maybe smoother ride , instead of the 17s i have on.

Exactly the same wheels as I had on my last car.   I think you get a more comfortable ride with the 16s as they have a 195/50/16 tyre rather than the 205/45/17.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobr said:

Wasn't allowed to buy it on that system due to my age.   Looked at finance but it was way too expensive.

Ah, so not an insurance thing, then. Anyway, good to see you've got sorted with some nice wheels so quickly.😃

• Like 1

Sorry to learn about your stolen car Bob, however onwards and upwards, good luck with the new one! Looks a beaut.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bobr said:

This is the actual car.

car.jpg

Hi enjoy the heated seats ,  i have lately on these cooler mornings , did you have titanium before or the titanum x?

39 minutes ago, Jollyandy said:

Sorry to learn about your stolen car Bob, however onwards and upwards, good luck with the new one! Looks a beaut.

Thanks Andy

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ian318 said:

Hi enjoy the heated seats ,  i have lately on these cooler mornings , did you have titanium before or the titanum x?

The one that was stolen was a Titanium Ian.

What is going on with our police?   I've just found out that the police officer dealing with the theft of my car is stationed in Mansfield 27 miles away via the M1.

When my wife's car got broken into they weren't even going to show up until I told them the numpty left half a smoked ciggy in the cup holder.

They ended up catching the guy, it's a bit disheartening to say the least. 😕

18 minutes ago, runamonk said:

it's a bit disheartening to say the least. 😕

I'm a retired copper Ron.   Retired in 1985 after breaking my back during the miner's strike in 1984.   I find it really upsetting to see the state of the modern police force.   In my day there were police stations within easy reach of everyone.   Now I don't even know where my local police station is or even if I have one closer than Mansfield.   I don't blame the police; I blame the government for reducing the number of police until they are unable to do the job properly.   It's all very well them saying they are adding 20,000 more police officer in so many years but, in that time resignations and retirements will probably add up to that number anyway.   2018 saw the lowest number of police since 1981.  

I'm a retired copper Ron.   Retired in 1985 after breaking my back during the miner's strike in 1984.   I find it really upsetting to see the state of the modern police force.   In my day there were police stations within easy reach of everyone.   Now I don't even know where my local police station is or even if I have one closer than Mansfield.   I don't blame the police; I blame the government for reducing the number of police until they are unable to do the job properly.   It's all very well them saying they are adding 20,000 more police officer in so many years but, in that time resignations and retirements will probably add up to that number anyway.   2018 saw the lowest number of police since 1981.  
I agree, as a serving Officer I have seen the demoralisation destroying the job.
Everyone is obsessed with doing / saying the right thing rather than doing / saying what is right.
Low staff levels and low morale is the norm.
I used to have 6 handlers in my team plus myself, currently I'm down to 4 including myself to cover one of the largest force areas in the UK.
We can't be everywhere and the crooks know it.
British Police used to be respected by the good and feared by the bad, sadly that's long gone.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Honestly I think most of the issues over here (I clarify over here because I am an American Expat who has a perspective on how terrible some of the cops are in the states) are because so many kids have zero respect for anyone in a position of authority, and that's coming straight from their parents. 😕 I was always taught to respect the cops and my elders, but I was also taught you get back what you put out. So far I've never had any issues with the cops over here; they've been nice and respectful but then again I am polite.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

I agree, as a serving Officer I have seen the demoralisation destroying the job.
Everyone is obsessed with doing / saying the right thing rather than doing / saying what is right.
Low staff levels and low morale is the norm.
I used to have 6 handlers in my team plus myself, currently I'm down to 4 including myself to cover one of the largest force areas in the UK.
We can't be everywhere and the crooks know it.
British Police used to be respected by the good and feared by the bad, sadly that's long gone.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I feel for you Clive.   I really admire the cops of today.   I Joined the Nottingham City Police in 1958 and people looked up to the police then.   Walking around the city on mornings everyone would wish you a good morning.   Now they are more likely to spit at you.   Damned if I would join today.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club