Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stolen Fiesta

Bobr

I feel for you Clive.   I really admire the cops of today.   I Joined the Nottingham City Police in 1958 and people looked up to the police then.   Walking around the city on mornings everyone would wish you a good morning.   Now they are more likely to spit at you.   Damned if I would join today.
Aye, nowadays it's all PR and political correctness.
You try dealing with a situation and suddenly you're surrounded by people with their phones out streaming videos online.
One tiny mistake in procedure and they savage you online then the bosses jump all over you.
The thin blue line has turned into a tightrope.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Back in the late 60s I was walking the touchline at Nottingham Forest FC when a youth spat at me.   I knocked him out and the crowd applauded.   Think it might have a different response nowadays?

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Bobr said:

Back in the late 60s I was walking the touchline at Nottingham Forest FC when a youth spat at me.   I knocked him out and the crowd applauded.   Think it might have a different response nowadays?

Today he would be arrested because of the pandemic lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bobr said:

Walking around the city on mornings everyone would wish you a good morning. 

Well, on the rare occasions I encounter a police officer on foot I always say good morning, just brought up that way I suppose. When I'm up the Dales at our caravan a motorcycle officer regularly sets up outside our site with his hand held radar gun and I often have a chat with him. Nice guy, even though he's the one who zapped me with the gun a few years back - only doing his job after all!😃 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

When I'm up the Dales at our caravan a motorcycle officer regularly sets up outside our site with his hand held radar gun and I often have a chat with him!😃 

Keeping him distracted to save fellow motorists from getting tickets, well done! :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Tomorrow (Monday) afternoon we're off to see the car and have a test drive.   Can't wait.   I understand it doesn't have a spare wheel but that latex gunge that you pump into a tyre when you have a puncture.   I won't use that as my wife has a Type 1 Latex Allergy so if anyone here want's it you are welcome.   I'm going to buy a proper wheel( Ford are offering them @ £166) and get a tyre put on it so if I do get a puncture it's just a matter of changing the wheel then getting it repaired and putting it in the boot.   No need to put it back on the car.

• Like 1

I've had a look at the car and if they had wound the clock back and told me it was new I'd have believed them.   The only problem I could see was the jack was missing.   I didn't drive it as it was absolutely chucking it down with rain but I'll drive it before I Sign on the dotted line.

• Like 2

Obviously due to there originally being a tyre seslant kit rather than a spare wheel they don't consider it necessary to put a jack in.
Wheel brace, locknut adaptor, tow eye and easyfuel funnel in place?

• Like 1

I shall be insisting on a jack as there's no way I'll use the latex gunk as, in my view, not only is it dangerous to my wife, it can also be completely ineffective.   I shall have a spare wheel and for that I need a jack.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Obviously due to there originally being a tyre seslant kit rather than a spare wheel they don't consider it necessary to put a jack in.
Wheel brace, locknut adaptor, tow eye and easyfuel funnel in place?

All I could see was the tow eye and the pump for the sealant.

Get what you can from them mate. [emoji6]

17 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Get what you can from them mate. emoji6.png

Seeing as there's no sealant I might try for  spare wheel.😀

• Like 1

Make sure you have the locknut.

• Like 1

Think the insurers have got their knicker in a twist.   Having spoken to the assessor last week and agreed a deal, I got an email last night telling me that the assessor would be in touch soon to value the car.   Spoke to them this morning and the young lady apologised and said they are having many such problems as they are all now working from home.   She assured me that the money would be in the bank before the end of the week.

• Like 1

You mentioned buying a spare wheel from Ford at £166.00.  There are loads of spare Wheels with all the trimmings ( jack spanner etc)  on eBay, for about £50.00.  Taken unused from wrecked cars I should imagine,  well worth it as spares as they would have been little used.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ian500 said:

You mentioned buying a spare wheel from Ford at £166.00.  There are loads of spare Wheels with all the trimmings ( jack spanner etc)  on ebay, for about £50.00.  Taken unused from wrecked cars I should imagine,  well worth it as spares as they would have been little used.

I mentioned this to the guy at Fords and told him I didn't want a spacesaver wheel or the latex gunk.   He said that if I bought the wheel from Fords Online he would get a tyre put on it for me and get me a jack.   Thought that was very fair.

I run a web site for the anaphylaxis association known as the Latex Allergy Support Group.   Some years ago, Ford contacted us and pointed out that all their cars are now latex free.   I was amazed, therefore, when they started using that stuff.

• Like 1

Had an email from my insurers, Darwin, this morning.   In addition to the £10,800 they are paying me for the car, they are paying me £250 for items that were in the car including dashcam and satnav.

Just about covers it.

Beware buying second hand cars from dealers, they have a habit of removing any optional extras it came in with, tow bar, mud flaps, seat covers, parcel shelf, boot liner, spare wheel cover, jack and even the mats, then they sell them back with the car as 'extras' to get more profit out of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milkman said:

Beware buying second hand cars from dealers, they have a habit of removing any optional extras it came in with, tow bar, mud flaps, seat covers, parcel shelf, boot liner, spare wheel cover, jack and even the mats, then they sell them back with the car as 'extras' to get more profit out of it.

The one I am buying has a complete set of mats in the boot of all places.   They don't look like they have ever been used.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Milkman said:

Thought this was all sorted out until a letter arrived this morning.   Just spent the best part of two hours filling in forms.   Not sure why the quote was still there so I deleted it.

I think I may have said this elsewhere some time ago in another thread but relevant here, I bought a vehicle from a dealership some years ago, it wasn't a make that they dealt with but a PX, when I went to pick it up their apprentice was removing the tow hitch from it, I asked him what he was doing and he said removing the tow hitch, I told him oh no you're not, that was on the vehicle when I bought it so it's staying there, he had to put it back on. After driving it home I also noticed that the dog guard, roller parcel shelf cover and the floor mats were not there so I rang the dealer and asked where it all was and they said that they never had it so I rang the previous owner, his details were on the V5C, and asked him, he said that it all went with the vehicle so I again rang the dealer stating what I had been told by the previous owner, the manager said that he'd have a look and ring me back, which he did stating that they had found it all, so I went straight there and collected it.

This stripping of accessories seems to be standard practice. Years ago I bought a four year old Passat from a main dealer. As we were sitting there sorting out the paperwork, l noticed in a section called pre-sale actions or something similar that they had removed a tow bar and twin socket electrics. This was obviously historic and before I had seen the car but it was annoying for two reasons: 1. l could have used that towbar, but that's beside the point. 2. This mention of a towbar not surprisingly was never revealed to me on any paperwork I received.  it's only because I sneaked a peek that I ever found out about it. So now I am buying a car which has clearly been towing something at least the size of a caravan or possibly even heavier around behind it for up to 4 years, with commensurate extra mechanical wear. mentioned it to the salesman he wouldn't budge on the price however, but the car was otherwise good and there weren't that many around with that spec. so l bought it. Still got it. 

I must admit, I have been put off by the sight of some accessories on 'approved used' cars recently.  One had wind deflectors so I automatically assumed it's been ragged around by a boy racer... :laugh:  I certainly wouldn't buy a car with a dog guard or child seat in it either!

What annoys me is when they remove one floor mat though.  It's obviously been worn out or stained, but rather than replacing it or removing all of them, they just leave 3 there and leave the drivers side empty as if you won't notice!  Had a similar issue with the Mk2.5 Focus although in reverse...that came with one premium black velour mat on the drivers side, and 3 of the cheap standard grey ones!  Never could work out what happened there... :unsure: 

The Focus premium mats were so expensive I never did rectify it.  But had to buy at least one for the Golf as the drivers was empty...  I bought a pair of used but pristine genuine Logo mats from eBay for under £20...  Never thought much about it but now I wonder if they were pinched from a PX before it was sold to another customer! 😮 :laugh: 

29 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I must admit, I have been put off by the sight of some accessories on 'approved used' cars recently.  One had wind deflectors so I automatically assumed it's been ragged around by a boy racer... :laugh:

Tom, that just made me laugh out loud! I love my wind deflectors on my cheap 'LX', and yes, absolutely correct, been a 'boy racer' since the late 70s LOL 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Been to Sandicliffe Ford this morning.   Everything sorted.   They have supplied a spare wheel with a brand new tyre.   I'm picking it up on 1st October.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club