Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stolen Fiesta

Bobr

All you need now is chains to fasten to road to stop those pesky tow trucks taking it. lol

4 minutes ago, st line x 140 driver said:

All you need now is chains to fasten to road to stop those pesky tow trucks taking it. lol

I'm going to do everything in my power to stop the new one being stolen Simon.

• Like 1

Just read all 7 pages of this thread. Really satisfying that the insurance sorted you out - as it should. 

I've always used a steering lock on mine but am going to get a Vodafone curve GPS tracker as well. Its not a fully blown car GPS tracker, but for £20 upfront and £2 a month I think its really worth it 

On 10/23/2020 at 10:05 AM, Bobr said:

That's something else that was in the car Yaz.   It's so annoying; I keep remembering things that were in the car.   Don't suppose you have a spare touch up kit for a grey car? 😎

Ah well, if you did still have it then you or the other half could have done your nails instead :laugh:.

Unfortunately I don't have a spare grey touch up kit but if I come across one then it's all yours!

• Haha 1

On 10/24/2020 at 2:13 PM, Bobr said:

Took Stephen's advice and bought a Disklok.   Amazon sell them for £130 but I bought it from https://www.carnoisseur.com/ for £109 including delivery.

Hi bob glad you have bought a disklok , have had mine many many years , the price has gone up over the last few years or so  , when i got mine an independant shop did me one for 69 , i worked at Halfords at time but they was dearer even with my  discount ! , i think when all this keyless came out on cars people thought oh theres no ignition barrel to put the key in , so makes it hard too steal, years on keyless can be stolen , so its back to mechanical devices! and the companys know people need them so prices go up , 109 is good price especially now we know keyless not as secure as we thought .

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Ian318 said:

Hi bob glad you have bought a disklok , have had mine many many years , the price has gone up over the last few years or so  , when i got mine an independant shop did me one for 69 , i worked at halfords at time but they was dearer even with my  discount ! , i think when all this keyless came out on cars people thought oh theres no ignition barrel to put the key in , so makes it hard too steal, years on keyless can be stolen , so its back to mechanical devices! and the companys know people need them so prices go up , 109 is good price especially now we know keyless not as secure as we thought .

I was a child of the 60s, as such, brought up on the original series of Star Trek. When Captain Kirk caught a wrong'un on his ship, he always locked them up in the brig, a 3 sided room with the fourth wall being an invisible 'force field'.

The baddie always escaped by destroying the control panel, leaving the force filed useless.

Even at that tender age, I always thought, why didn't he just use old fashioned steel bars like proper prisons, they'd never get out of that. So, when 'keyless' developed in cars, I already had a sound cynicism built up of it - hence my adoration and faith in a Disklok LOL

• Like 4

Thanks folks.   My next door neighbor has offered to let me park on her drive and said I can have a key to the gate.   I shall accept her kind offer but, in the meantime, I'm having the kerb dropped so that we can get two more cars on the front.   When that's done I shall be fitting two of these:

post.jpg

• Like 2

A little story about car security, many years ago I had someone try and break into my car on the works car park, there was a similar car either side of mine, both colleagues cars, neither were touched. I asked the cop who came out (about another matter - they wont even turn up for a car attempt break in)  why mine? He looked into the cars either side, one had a crook lock, one had a Turner Auto lock fitted. Mine had nothing. He said criminals get to know the type of person who takes extra security precautions doesn't leave any valuables in the vehicle - you might do.

I know its only 1 opinion but it rang true. I should maybe get something for my Skoda. Its a manual car, I think I might actually have the handbrake lock in the garage somewhere. Any thief who knew how to deal with them will have retired by now 🙂

• Like 2

This month just gets better. My area going into Phase 3 lockdown and I've fallen over and broken a rib.   I'll be ruddy glad when it's November.😂

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Bobr said:

This month just gets better. My area going into Phase 3 lockdown and I've fallen over and broken a rib.   I'll be ruddy glad when it's November.😂

Just saw that on the news and thought of you! 🤦‍♂️ Any chance you can collect the car before Thursday?  

Bad luck with the rib!! 😑 

17 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Just saw that on the news and thought of you! 🤦‍♂️ Any chance you can collect the car before Thursday?  

Bad luck with the rib!! 😑 

Thanks Tom.   I'm not sure what the position is regarding collecting the car.   I'm due to collect it Sunday morning and, as the dealer is within the Broxtowe borough, I won't have to travel outside the lockdown area.   However, I'm not sure if they will be remaining open.   I'll ring them in the morning and I'll let you know.

• Like 1

@TomsFocus   Just spoken to the dealership Tom and they will be open on Sunday so I'll be collecting it then.   I'll be on the doorstep when they open at 10am.😁

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bobr said:

@TomsFocus   Just spoken to the dealership Tom and they will be open on Sunday so I'll be collecting it then.   I'll be on the doorstep when they open at 10am.😁

Excellent!! :biggrin: 

Just had a very pleasant surprise.   Rang Darwin insurance to swap from the old car to the new expecting to have a swinging increase in the premium.   However, the very pleasant and efficient young lady I spoke to gave me a £44 refund.🤯

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Bobr said:

Just had a very pleasant surprise.   Rang Darwin insurance to swap from the old car to the new expecting to have a swinging increase in the premium.   However, the very pleasant and efficient young lady I spoke to gave me a £44 refund.🤯

The increase in premium will probably only sting you when you renew, when your existing policy expires.

3 hours ago, Mavroz said:

The increase in premium will probably only sting you when you renew, when your existing policy expires.

After the way they've treated me, I shall be staying with Darwin Insurance.   They have been brilliant and so helpful.   Can't fault them.

Just received a cheque for £27.50 from the DVLA.   That's nice of them.   Only acknowledgement that I've had that they have received my letter.

Having a car stolen seems much more lucrative than I expected!  

I'm now hoping mine gets stolen before I have to accept the terrible PX price I've been offered so far... :biggrin: 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm now hoping mine gets stolen before I have to accept the terrible PX price I've been offered so far... :biggrin: 

I believe the OP is an ex copper, I'm sure he must have some good contacts! LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/28/2020 at 9:53 AM, TomsFocus said:

If they ever catch the thieves I might send them a thank you card.🤣

• Haha 3

I'm certainly looking forward to collecting it mate.   Without the car I can't walk the dog.   That may sound odd but I walk the dog on a park that is about a mile away and, while I am able to walk him on the park, I'd never make the two mile walk there and back as well.   So I rely on the car to get some exercise.😁

• Like 2

I've just spotted that in the menu on the new car is an item:   Ford EcoMode.   Not heard of this before.   Anyone know what it does?

1 hour ago, Bobr said:

I've just spotted that in the menu on the new car is an item:   Ford EcoMode.   Not heard of this before.   Anyone know what it does?

Yes bob meant to make car do more miles to gallon its  a remap to make car less responsive to save fuel especially for grannies - eco mode -traction control - start stop buttons in front of gear stick and the famous slot for parking tickets & the odd money spider.

image.png

Thanks Simon.   Can it be switched off in the menu?   The car doesn't appear to have those buttons.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club