Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stolen Fiesta

Bobr
聽Share

5 hours ago, runamonk said:

Nice to see it doesn't look like it's been tinkered with at all. 馃槃

Looks like it's had a new battery, which is surprising for a 3 year old car. However, Bosch is a good make and should be reliable.

Turbo coolant pipes don't look bad, keep an eye on them. I'm sure you've read the on-going thread on them and probably why you posted the pic.

10 minutes ago, Jim H said:

Looks like it's had a new battery, which is surprising for a 3 year old car. However, Bosch is a good make and should be reliable.

Turbo coolant pipes don't look bad, keep an eye on them. I'm sure you've read the on-going thread on them and probably why you posted the pic.

I'll have a look tomorrow and see if I can see a date on the battery James.聽 聽There usually is one somewhere.聽 聽The stolen car was a 2017 and the turbo pipes were exactly the same.聽 聽Makes me wonder if Ford and making them out of a better quality metal.

Have a look for a Ford badge on it. I can't see one from pic you posted, but may need a close up of it. If it doesn't have one then, I'm almost certain it will have been changed at some point.

BTW, I've been enjoying this/your thread, wondered about posting earlier about a disclock that I've had for 20 odd years and fits mine. I hope you are (and will) enjoy your new car.

36 minutes ago, Jim H said:

Have a look for a Ford badge on it. I can't see one from pic you posted, but may need a close up of it. If it doesn't have one then, I'm almost certain it will have been changed at some point.

Not quite sure what you mean James.聽 聽Do you mean a Ford badge on the battery?

3 minutes ago, Bobr said:

Not quite sure what you mean James.聽 聽Do you mean a Ford badge on the battery?

Sorry, I didn't make that clear, but yes I was talking about the battery.

This is mine, however I have a 2018 mk8.

rsz_img_20190714_173133152.jpg

I've had a closer look at the picture and there doesn't seem to be a Ford badge.聽 聽It does look like it's been changed for some reason but I'll have a closer look in the morning and let you know.

43 minutes ago, Bobr said:

I've had a closer look at the picture and there doesn't seem to be a Ford badge.聽 聽It does look like it's been changed for some reason but I'll have a closer look in the morning and let you know.

It's definitely聽been changed, most likely the mobility user didn't use the car enough during lockdown and knackered it,
Ford use Varta batteries (factory branded Ford) from what I've seen, I've been looking at a new Bosch聽one聽for my 5 year old Focus.

• Like 1

Just had a closer look at the battery and it's dated 2018.聽 聽Makes me think the original was faulty.

Hi all, i too have been following this interesting tread every couple of days,

glad all worked out well for you bob !! Just dont forget to get those turbo

pipes painted or greased !!聽 Nice to get a good result !!!!!!

On 11/1/2020 at 11:01 AM, Bobr said:

Well, it's still raining but here's a few pics.聽 聽I like the stainless steel scuff plates that come with the X.聽 聽Found out that it was a Motability car which explains why all the passenger seats look as if they've never been used.

car 1.jpg

car 2.jpg

car 3.jpg

car 4.jpg

Nice bob , keep them scuff plates polished lol , i have聽got one of them聽 engine 聽covers like the focus has that goes over plugs makes聽it quieter.

Thanks Ian, I'll have a look at that.聽 聽Mind you, I got out of the car this morning and wondered why I couldn't lock the doors.聽 聽The engine was still running.馃槀

4 minutes ago, Bobr said:

Thanks Ian, I'll have a look at that.聽 聽Mind you, I got out of the car this morning and wondered why I couldn't lock the doors.聽 聽The engine was still running.馃槀

Yes聽 they have had threads on here about those engine covers , also.do you check those drain points at top of wing , u probably do , u can lift the rubber flap , also talking of batterys i have one of those volt things that plug in power socket that reads out volt level.聽

7 minutes ago, Ian318 said:

also talking of batterys i have one of those volt things that plug in power socket that reads out volt level.聽

I bought a device that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket so that I can power both a satnav and a dashcam.聽 聽It shows the battery voltage on the top.

1 minute ago, Bobr said:

I bought a device that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket so that I can power both a satnav and a dashcam.聽 聽It shows the battery voltage on the top.

Have you got folding mirrors and them puddle lights, i manually turned my mirrors in with button inside, then came to unlock car and thought its not unlocking, i could not see mirrors聽 opening out , it was because i had used button inside to turn them in聽 !

Have you got folding mirrors and them puddle lights, i manually turned my mirrors in with button inside, then came to unlock car and thought its not unlocking, i could not see mirrors聽 opening out , it was because i had used button inside to turn them in聽 !
e1664cccec010e16af09b5c47898b9a8.gif

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

e1664cccec010e16af09b5c47898b9a8.gif

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

馃榿

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ian318 said:

Yes Ian.聽 聽The car has auto folding mirrors and they work perfectly thanks.

On 10/31/2020 at 10:23 AM, TomsFocus said:

Paying a months tax for just one day is a bit annoying.

Had some good news this morning.聽 聽The car wasn't taxed in October.聽 聽They had tried to tax it on line and hadn't been able to.聽 聽For that reason they thought it had been taxed with all the others from their HQ.聽 聽The guy rang me this morning to tell me that the reason it couldn't be taxed on line was because it had been a Motability car.聽 聽They had to go to the post office with the log book and MOT Certificate to change it's use and then to tax it.聽 聽So I got a full month on the tax after all.:clapping:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bobr said:

I remember my mother complaining that sometimes when she got out of her car sometimes it wouldn't lock. I changed the keyfob battery, but it still happened. Then she noticed the radio was still playing after closing the doors. What we eventually worked out, it was because of Start/stop and push button (keyless) start, when you stop,聽 the engine stops, and she thought car was off. Her car doesn't allow it to be locked with ignition on. She has now learnt and always switches car off before getting out.

Does yours have keyless start?

10 minutes ago, Jim H said:

I remember my mother complaining that sometimes when she got out of her car sometimes it wouldn't lock. I changed the keyfob battery, but it still happened. Then she noticed the radio was still playing after closing the doors. What we eventually worked out, it was because of Start/stop and push button (keyless) start, when you stop,聽 the engine stops, and she thought car was off. Her car doesn't allow it to be locked with ignition on. She has now learnt and always switches car off before getting out.

Does yours have keyless start?

It does James.聽 聽I did this a few times on the Fiesta that was stolen.聽 聽They are so quiet.聽 聽Bit embarrassing really, stood outside your car unable to lock it.

At first, I thought I wouldn't like keyless start, but now I'm used to it, I love it. It felt very strange starting a courtesy car without it when mine was being serviced last month. I'd forgotten what to do, lol.

As said the engine was off when she got out, but yep, modern petrols are far more quieter than our old 1.9 PD diesels, both of us used to have.

25 minutes ago, Jim H said:

At first, I thought I wouldn't like keyless start, but now I'm used to it, I love it. It felt very strange starting a courtesy car without it when mine was being serviced last month. I'd forgotten what to do, lol.

If your is keyless take my advice and get yourself a Faraday Pouch to keep your keys in.聽 聽Otherwise. your car could be stolen the same way mine was.聽 聽They are quite cheap on amazon.

Nether of our cars have keyless entry, but both have keyless start. From what I've read on here or on another forum, the keys don't transmit a signal unless the key is in the car. However, we do keep our keys in a metal tin hidden in our house, just in case it did.

I also keep my debit card in a foil pouch in my wallet, to stop anyone doing a contactless payment without me knowing.

Just now, Jim H said:

we do keep our keys in a metal tin hidden in our house, just in case it did.

If you have a look on Youtube at this:聽 聽

You'll find that tins don't work.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club