Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stolen Fiesta

Bobr

3 minutes ago, Bobr said:

Go back and find him Tom, he should have a good dashcam.

Get your car nicked or broken into if you have a good dashcam on display unless hard wired and conspicuous. However if it uploads to a cloud at least you see the person who did it.

Might even get car jacked however with that tool behind your seat you can claim its for changing wheels in defence.

Out of interest do you check tyre pressure on spare most people forget about them till they need it then they find its flat and need a foot pump or compressor to inflated it. Or do you drive on it regardless.

29 minutes ago, st line x 140 driver said:

Out of interest do you check tyre pressure on spare most people forget about them till they need it then they find its flat and need a foot pump or compressor to inflated it. Or do you drive on it regardless.

I use one of those automatic tyre pumps.   Set the pressure on the pump and it switches off when it reaches the right pressure.   Ring RTC1000.   I check the spare once a month.

4 minutes ago, Bobr said:

I use one of those automatic tyre pumps.   Set the pressure on the pump and it switches off when it reaches the right pressure.   Ring RTC1000.   I check the spare once a month.

safety always first Bob👍 

I never check to see if my tyre glue is in date. Im told that tyre fitters hate them as it means they have to clean the inside of the wheel before replacement. Time is money and all that so probably rush damaging alloys in process.

9 hours ago, Bobr said:

Just arrived to replace the one that was in the stolen car:

DSCN4933.jpg

These type are what i use too.

Personally I think that the wheel brace that comes with the car is a total waste of time.   I only ever used it on one occasion and had to stand on it to undo the nuts.   Bought an extendable one straight after and have kept one in the car ever since.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bobr said:

I keep my spare checked as well , always good as well too see  a nice dry  spare wheel  well ! Haha.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bobr said:

Personally I think that the wheel brace that comes with the car is a total waste of time.   I only ever used it on one occasion and had to stand on it to undo the nuts.   Bought an extendable one straight after and have kept one in the car ever since.

Yehh not the  most accurately made thing those wheel braces that come with the cars.

Probably tempting fate now but i have probably had 4 punctures in my whole life time driving aprox 900,000 miles. Never had a blow out as my tyres never last longer than a couple of years. 1 Puncture running over a maintenance sign on a motorway - too dangerous to change tyre - relayed. 1 reversing into a cast iron curb drain cover ripping a hole in it - relayed, and 2 with nails/screw in tyre that were slow punctures so just drove to get replacement.

In the 66 years I've been driving I've lost count of the number of punctures I've had.   In the early days of driving I would remove the tyre myself, repair the inner tube and refit the tyre.  Always carried a set of tyre levers in those days and the repair was similar to repairing a bicycle tyre. That, of course, changed with advent of tubeless tyres.

Inner tube what's one of those was that when you had a person walking in front of the car with a red flag.

• Haha 1

For some time after the advent of tubeless tyres, tyre repairers would put an inner tube in if you had a puncture.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Life was so much simpler in those days Bob I remember them well.

• Like 3

Had a bottle of hand sanitiser in the stolen car and I've just bought some more.   However, I've been told that leaving hand sanitiser in a car can be a fire risk.   I've investigated and come up with this from the National Fire Chief's Council which completely debunks the fake news.

https://www.nationalfirechiefs.org.uk/News/debunking-the-myth-hand-sanitiser-in-cars-do-not-pose-a-fire-risk-

Yeah totally bs. It might build up pressure in the bottle and pop the top and squirt it all over the car lol. That won't be an issue for another 6 months or something is my guess haha. 😉

6 minutes ago, runamonk said:

Yeah totally bs. It might build up pressure in the bottle and pop the top and squirt it all over the car lol. That won't be an issue for another 6 months or something is my guess haha. 😉

I always use it in the house first Ron.   That way there's a bit of room for expansion.

Don't know yet what the MPG is like on the new car.   Since we've been in the current lockdown I've only been doing two miles a day to walk the dog on the local park and the display is showing 35.7.

Short journeys never good for economy is that up hill? automatic cars never as efficient as a manual. lowest i've achieved in a 140ps is 38mpg and that was driving it hard.

50 minutes ago, st line x 140 driver said:

Short journeys never good for economy is that up hill? automatic cars never as efficient as a manual. lowest i've achieved in a 140ps is 38mpg and that was driving it hard.

It's a one mile journey to the park and a one mile journey back Simon.   Mostly flat.   The car never gets warm.   The stolen car, which had exactly the same engine and gearbox averaged just over 40 mpg over the year I had it and, obviously, that included a lot of lockdown too.

2 minutes ago, Bobr said:

It's a one mile journey to the park and a one mile journey back Simon.   The car never gets warm.   The stolen car, which had exactly the same engine and gearbox averaged just 0ver 40 mpg over the year I had it and, obviously, that included a lot of lockdown too.

I've just been using my 125 ecoboost for short trips, max 30 mile round trip so far but mostly 2 mile at most and I too am averaging about 40 mpg using eco mode

Did you ever hear anymore about your stolen car Bob?

1 hour ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

Did you ever hear anymore about your stolen car Bob?

No Steve, not a word.

4 minutes ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

Thats a shame Bob, hope you're getting on ok with your new one

Yes thanks mate.   It drives exactly the same as the old one.   Got 18,000 less miles on the clock though so I'm very happy with it.

Just now, Bobr said:

Yes thanks mate.   It drives exactly the same as the old one.   Got 18,000 less miles on the clock though so I'm very happy with it.

Hey thats fantastic Bob, really pleased you got sorted, I see the girl on GMTV got her Old beloved Volvo stolen this week.

I was talking to the local police and some of the neighbors about it Steve.   Apparently there's a lot of cars being stolen at the moment and most are never being recovered.   There were two from this road on the night mine went (both 17 plate Fiesta Titaniums) and there were four from a neighboring estate a few nights later (all Fiestas).   The police seem to think that they are being stolen to order and shipped abroad.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club