Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Weird wiper issue

Jazzyj1229

I have a slightly odd wiper fault that's started on my Mondy. I have a 2005 Ford Mondeo Ghia X with the auto wipers. The wipers have been working spot on til yesterday. Now they won't turn off. I can still switch between continuous and the fastest speed but when I switch them to "Auto" and "off" they still keep going continuously. The only way to stop them is to remove the fuse or turn the engine off. Ive tried changing the relay and it still does it. Any ides what it might be?

I had a dodgy switch a few years back on one of my mondeo's changed the switch and all was fine, I take it the window outside on the rear view mirror (sensor) is clean and not streaky, although not likely to be causing this, wiper stalk of faulty?

Yeah the sensor is fine. As I say it was working absolutely fine before we had all that rain now its playing up. One garage I spoke to said they thought it might have got water in the regulator? Someone else i spoke to said a switch because it turns off when you turn the engine off but won't turn off when the ignition is on? Only way to stop them with the engine running is with the fuse removed.

I have just tried looking on eBay for a replacement stalk but now I'm confused. The ones with "auto" don't have the different speed settings? Mine has the different speed settings but is also auto wipers? Does my car have the wrong stalk? 

That's odd, as far as i can work out the speed settings should only apply in 'manual' operation I think? My Mondeo is the tit x and also has the auto and has the speed settings? Bit stumped now

Just been out and checked and I have the top one like yourself 

Quite baffled now. The car came with 6 months warranty so I may just bite the bullet and take it back to the garage. If it was going to be a definite cheap and easy fix I was planning on doing it myself.

If I was you I would, you've paid for it after all, just a ball ache. Can't think off the top of my head what else it could be, have you got the radio code? Might be worth disconnecting the battery to reset the GEM module and connect it back up after 15mins or so? 

I did try disconnecting the battery for roughly 25-30minutes and it still did it. Thats why I'm thinking its more likely to be a dodgy switch? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club